Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kate Gosselin's Got a New Dating Show?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM
  • 20 Replies

Kate Gosselin's first stab at reality didn't end up smelling like roses (more like a bad scented candle that you can't re-gift), so I'm left scratching my head with word that the original TV octo-mom may be looking for love via reality television. That's right ... a Kate Gosselin reality dating show. Oh, 2010, we don't know whether to love or hate you! All that, plus how 'Nine' is the musical grim reaper and my New Year's resolutions after the jump!

Kate Gosselin's Octo-Dating Show

Oh no, say it ain't so. Sources tell me the newly-single Kate Gosselin is in discussions to star in a new reality show -- this time focusing on finding new (and hopefully snipped) love! "Love her or hate her, people are fascinated by Kate," a TV executive tells me. "she has a lot of mouths to feed and Kate looking for love will certainly put bread on the table."

But before you return your TV to Best Buy, take note that the idea hasn't been greenlighted yet. "It's still in the development stage," says one insider -- and let's hope it stays there. Kate, we all want you to find love, but this time around, maybe keep the cameras out of it.

Also, may we suggest some titles? 'Date Kate!' or perhaps 'Who Wants to Marry an Octo-Mom?' ... no, we've got it: 'Oh,Give Me a Break!' Yeah, that one sings!

'Nine' = the Demise of Movie Musicals?

Speaking of singing -- after the disastrous debut of the movie musical 'Nine,' studio execs tell me it could be the final nail in the coffin of the genre. "Hollywood is scared of musicals. Even Disney abandoned the singing formula for a long time before they made under-performing 'Princess and the Frog,'" a fancy producer tells me.

That's is just too bad. I love 'The Sound of Music,' 'Chicago' and 'Fiddler on the Roof.'

"Every producer is looking at 'Nine' and wondering why it bombed with that cast. The conclusion they have all come to is musical don't sell tickets," the producer says.

Silly fools. It's not musicals that we don't like -- it's bad films.

New Year's Resolutions

I promise to not mention Heidi or Spencer (who is apparently Twittering about me ... thanks, Spency!) in my column for an entire year. I promise to take Curry, my Glen of Imaal Terrier, to the doggie park three, OK, four times a week. I promise to bring you the best gossip on all the stars you and I adore. I promise to try and respond to all the emails you send me (NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com) -- even the nasty ones, you know who you are. And finally, I promise to keep being naughty but nice!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ready_for2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM

i would watch it

priincessz
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM

i wonder if VH1 is going to give her a love reality show.

MyHotComments.com  sprinkle Pictures, Images and Photos  cute Pictures, Images and Photos cute bear Pictures, Images and Photos

angelove8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM
savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:14 PM

eye rolling

baby 1stholiday

donzgurl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM

How about calling it, "Who Wants to be Emasculated?"

dreamerinluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Uuugghh....I hate that B*tch ! 

~~ Mother to 3, Step-mom to one, lover & best friend to German ~~

mommyheymommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Quoting donzgurl:

How about calling it, "Who Wants to be Emasculated?"

I like Kate, but THAT is FUNNY!  LOL

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

There would be an outrage if Jon did this...and how come TLC is okay with this but not with Jon making appearances?

simplee_me
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM

When oh when will the public quit giving this woman attention...............

Ann7227
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM

me too

Quoting dreamerinluv:

Uuugghh....I hate that B*tch ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)