Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need someone to knock me out and then slap me up

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ive been dealing with some bad sleep issues the last month or so.

I need some advice because if I keep going on this path I will burn out. (other than sleep meds please)

I try to lay down at about 10 every night, but dont fall asleep until almost 1 or 2. My daughter has to be to school at 8am and I have to be to work at 9. Yet even on nights that I fall asleep around 10, I cant even wake up until 730 when Im screaming for everyone to wake up.

I have 4 alarm clocks that go off at different intervals. I wake up slap them all off and fall back to sleep not even remembering im hitting them off.

Ideally I would like to be able to be up at 530 giving me enough time to get ready and have the kids ready without screaming and rushing. Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kat4life06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Have you tried moving the alarm clocks to the other side of the room so that you have to get up and out of bed to turn them off? It helps me get up when I need to be up for something.

I don't know what else to suggest at the moment. Hope that helps.

Mommy to Alex Lee Cox (Nov 14, 2007) who is big brother to:

Pregnancy%20ticker

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin

"You keep accusing me of blasphemy all the time, but I cannot be convicted of a victimless crime." - Dan Barker

"There is no reason to believe God exists, so I don't." - Victor J. Stenger

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." - Dave Barry

Nicsone
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I would talk to a dr.

Other than that do you have to get out of bed to turn off your alarms? That may help

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

put a few of the alarm clocks on the other side of the room. you'll be forced to get up and turn them off. usually when i wake up, no matter how long i've slept, i gotta go to the bathroom which helps with it (the kitchen and bathroom have really cold floors. lol).

before going to bed, try taking a really hot shower. not one to clean your body (dont get your hair wet- i cant sleep with wet hair), but to just relax all of the muscles. go in there and just do not think of anything but how warm and relaxing the water is.

lotion your body, again- dont work hard at it. just make it a relaxing time. maybe some classical music. sit on the couch and read a book for a little bit (reading makes me tired). if needed, start a journal. another reason that its hard for me to sleep (other than straight insomnia) is that i overthink/overstress. if you write about it, then you can just kinda get it outta your mind. also make a to do list during the day for the following day, so you dont have to worry about what you gotta do the next day.

sleeping pills, i HIGHLY suggest you stay away from them. not because of their "addicting" power, but my sleep schedule is about 4 hours a night now (from 6am until 9), but 3 weeks ago, it was 1 or 2am until 8. i'd take a sleeping pill to go to bed, but the pill would last for hours and hours. i'd take it at night around 10pm, go to sleep around 11, wake up around 7 fully awake.. go back to bed cuz i'm tired at 8 sleep til noon. wake up for a hour, go back to bed for a few more hours. the pill wouldnt leave my body until 5 or 6 pm (20 hours after taking it!). i take a sleeping pill every 2 weeks now, only because i KNOW i NEED the sleep. but i do it on a day that someone is home and somewhat watching over my son, but it also fucks with my sleep schedule cuz i sleep all day and i'm awake all night. lol

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

To answer the alarm clock question. Yes they are all spaced out across the room so I have to get up. Its almost as if Im sleep walking to the loud annoying beeping and hitting it off.  

I have a beeping alarm, one that goes off playing heavy metal (which I hate, but thought it would help get me moving), and the other two go off every 5mins beeping unless the specific button is pressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)