Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone going on vacation this year?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 24 Replies

Where are you going?  What are you doing?  Is it a family vacation or just you and SO?

DH and I are finally going on our first vacation in 3 years... it's just the two of us, mostly b/c we are cruising to Alaska and are nervous about taking our DD on a cruise ship (I have fears of my toddler falling overboard), and into the very cold climate (we're going the first week of May).

We decided to make this an anniversary trip, and we are SO excited.  We haven't been anywhere out of state (we're in Idaho) since our honeymoon so this will be amazing!

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Sheesh. I wish. I haven't been on vacay for 8 years. Have fun!

Sunshine201
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM

We are...We are going on a cruise to Bermuda in June... My nephew is getting married on the ship. This is my fourth cruise... I love it!! And we always bring the kids..so much for them to do.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

we are planning a family vacation in July to visit my sister and hit disney land, then DH and I are going on a vacation in Sept after our wedding vow renewal ceremony. (It is our 15th dating anniversary and 10th wedding ann) not really sure where though

petersgal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

How old are the kids?  I haven't cruised to Bermuda yet!  I'm hoping for an eastern Caribbean cruise next year :)

Quoting Sunshine201:

We are...We are going on a cruise to Bermuda in June... My nephew is getting married on the ship. This is my fourth cruise... I love it!! And we always bring the kids..so much for them to do.

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

cjsmom0206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I'm always stuck going somewhere for whatever reason. Next weekend I'm off to San Francisco for work. The following weekend is Charleston for my son's hockey tourney, he also has a big tournement in DC. This summer it's off to MN for a wedding.......but the biggy, I'm hoping to go to St. Lucia with my hubby and friends. We sooo deserve it! 

Sunshine201
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

The kids are 16,12,and 5... But my youngest was 3 on his first cruise... We have a blast. Yeah we are sailing out of New York in June... We just went to turks and caicos and bahamas this year

Quoting petersgal:

How old are the kids?  I haven't cruised to Bermuda yet!  I'm hoping for an eastern Caribbean cruise next year :)

Quoting Sunshine201:

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Yes we are taking one next week just my husband and I for five days. It is actually a working vacation for us, we are sponsoring a race car so we will be there to help our driver out. We have a family vacation planned in Nov. we are taking the girls to Hawaii for Christmas.I am sure we will have some weekend trips here and there to the lake house with family, friends and clients also.

usafwife314
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Not really a vacation, but I suppose it could be like one.  We are moving in April.  We are driving so I hope to be able to stop at landmarks and things along the way.

Case07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

yuppers.. we are cruising to grand turk Puerto rico and st thomas end of april just me n hubs and then we are going to myrtle beach in september with the kids.. god help us if we com back in one piece.. we are driving down.. w a 3.5 yr old and a 13 month old LOL from buffalo

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

mcsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

How fun!  Cruises are a blast.  It would be pretty hard for your child to fall overboard (but I understand your fear) the railing is so high your child couldn't even see over it.

We are going to Atlantis in the Bahamas in March for spring break and maybe to Disneyland this summer.  Most vacations we take our DD with us.  She goes to camp for two weeks in the summer and that's when we go on our "big people" trips. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)