Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

organize your kids' toys?  DD has one of these

Product Image

not disney princesses, but made the same.  And SS has a huge tote that will be a toy chest later this week.  Unforunately, they still don't have enough space for everything.  I'm going to go through everything this week and get rid of a bunch of toys, but I need ideas for how to store the things that won't fit into the toy chests.  Any suggestions?  I'm going slightly insane over the state of their rooms and figure better organization will help them keep things cleaner!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM

We have a dresser, toy chest, a book case and those plastic three and four drawer containers in my daughter play room and yet it still gets very messy in there.  

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Personally, I simplified things! They each have ONE toy box. They're a good size.. if they cant fit it all in the toy box, they have to get rid of some. I watch what they play with, and they donate what they don't use as much. They don't NEED more than a toy box will hold. (But I understand that some toddler toys are larger than toy box and stand alone.)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

kiralyn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM

we have a toy box, and we still have her changing table. it has two shelves and a cabinet..thats where her baby dolls and doll accessories "live" as she says..and on top is for her shoes. then she also has a big fabric box in the closet that holds all of her stuffed animals.

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

That is our biggest problem.  For Christmas and birthdays (December babies, both of them!) they got race tracks, lego sets that they like to keep up, an art easel, a vet station, easy bake ovens, a candy jewelry maker, etc, etc.  Those won't fit in the toy box obviously :) and have tons of pieces that go with.  I'm thinking little totes, like the 10 inch ones, with pictures on the front that they can store under the bed.  Luckily enough, both beds are high enough off the floor that there is a lot of storage space underneath. 

I have a tough time getting rid of some things.  They are spoiled, I know it.  They have sooo many sets of grandparents and all the grandparents buy them really nice things for birthdays and Christmas.  I hate to get rid of something that they have only had for a year or less!

Quoting wickedfiress:

Personally, I simplified things! They each have ONE toy box. They're a good size.. if they cant fit it all in the toy box, they have to get rid of some. I watch what they play with, and they donate what they don't use as much. They don't NEED more than a toy box will hold. (But I understand that some toddler toys are larger than toy box and stand alone.)

bree4617
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM

My dd has the same thing! I just bought one ofthese to help keep all the bigger stuff organized! I LOVE it!

pregnancy due date
macysmama1206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Ugh, I hate stuff animals.  We moved in October and I donated two huge trash bags full of stuffed animals and they still seem to be taking over the bedrooms!  They are just dust catchers, the kids like to alternate which ones they sleep with so the animals feelings won't get hurt.  Strange, but compassionate little creatures my children are!

Quoting kiralyn:

we have a toy box, and we still have her changing table. it has two shelves and a cabinet..thats where her baby dolls and doll accessories "live" as she says..and on top is for her shoes. then she also has a big fabric box in the closet that holds all of her stuffed animals.

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I'm really considering one of these for SS's room instead of a toy chest.  Seems like it would keep his things better and grow up with him too!

Quoting bree4617:

My dd has the same thing! I just bought one ofthese to help keep all the bigger stuff organized! I LOVE it!

bree4617
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM

They are on sale for $40at Target this week! 

pregnancy due date
kaker104
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Plastic drawers for cars and large legos, toybox for misc toys, a plastic bin for mega blocks, another plastic bin for tonkas. Books are on the selves of the tv stand. Stuffed animals in the net. 

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM

lol nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)