Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who have lost weight or are currently losing weight ..

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I need to lose weight. This I know. I am not healthy. I do not like the way I look. I lack confidence and self esteem. But I just cannot for the life of me get motivated to lose weight. I try to go on diets and exercise, and it lasts a couple of days, and then I stop. I don't know what to do. I currently weigh in at 246.8lbs and I am 5'2. I need to lose A LOT of weight. I was doing really good for a week or two. My DF and I joined the Y and were going to work out at least 3 times a week. I was also watching what I was eating. But I ALWAYS get cravings and once I get it in my head that I want something to eat, it does NOT leave my mind until I eat it! Ahh, it's so frustrating. I feel like I have no one to talk to. My DF loves me and tells me I am beautiful all the time, but it's hard to talk to him. He's 6 foot tall, and weighs 140lbs.

What was the final straw for you to make you want to lose weight? How many calories do you consume on a daily basis? How long do you exercise? How much have you lose and how long has it taken you to lose it? Any advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lilypie Kids A Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM

it all has to do with will power and how badly you want it.  every time you get a craving.. drink water, chew gum or just exercise.. it helps.

i have the wii active and it's great. it's a work out and it's fun. it may be good for ya too

petersgal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Last summer I saw a photo of myself at 225.  OMG! 

I hadn't stepped on a scale forever, and my friends were really good about telling me how cute my clothes were, or how great  my hair was... allowing me to fool myself into thinking I looked ok.  I also hadn't allowed anyone to take any photos of my since my pregnancy the previous year.

In a year I had gone from 180 post pregnancy... to 225!?  That was ridiculous, and I cried for 2 straight days when I saw the photo.

Then I realized how lazy I was, and that it was MY fault I was that way.  I couldn't blame anyone but me

I joined weight watchers, and started slow... following their plan and walking 3-5 miles 4-5 days a week.  I lost 38 pounds between June and November.  I kind of started slacking in November, and haven't been doing WW, but I haven't gained the weight back yet.

I want to lose another 45-50 pounds to reach my comfortable weight.  I am restarting my diet this week, and I got a YMCA membership for Christmas.  I start tomorrow...

hopefully by this October (my 26th birthday) I will be at goal...

GL to you!  Honestly it just took me a moment of complete revulsion at how disgusting I had allowed myself to become... it really kicked my butt in gear and is keeping it there

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

wvuchick430
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I have lost weight starting since april ...... I was 168.....Im now bouncing from 119-121....I got rid of EVERYTHING in the house ....All i had was apples and bananas tons of veggies, Cheese sticks....yogurt.....Everytime i got a craving i would either eat a cheese stick or yogurt....OR drink flavored water....Crystal likght was my friend in the beginign...now I can drink just water....I cut out all pastas bread and red meat...I only eat chicken ...and Turkey burgers,turkey bacon.... or ground chicken....You can do!!!!!! Pm if you wanna talk more :)

in lovetwin boyscome home  

Army Wife to Rob 5/13/06...Mother to Matthew 3/13/06 and Lukas 12/22/07.. We miss you daddy!

ERNAProud
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM

When I had problems controlling my will power I used to eat the weight watchers desserts. They have a great variety..chocolate chip cookie dough sundae, keylime pie....I can't remember what all they have, but they are GOOD!!!

I also used to buy the 100 calorie snack packs.

mrs_sexton
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I know how you feel i to am tryin to lsoe weight i am 5'5 and weigh 279 and it is very hard for me i stay hungry all the time it seems like i never get full and its hard cause my husband dont need to lose weight and he eats chips snack cakes and all kinds of junk foor in front of me I have tried going on diets and everything but they only last a week or so than i break it and i cant really afford to join a gym or but a wii fit game

wvuchick430
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Thats the thing.... Your family needs to be behind you and make the change....My kids were NOT happy with having to eat so many veggies but a couple days of starving they started eating....I would alter theirs a little bit...let them actually have cheese on Broccoli,

Another thing is portion control.. I switched to smaller plates... they def help we are always taught to eat everything on your plate so the samller the plate the less thats on it!

Quoting mrs_sexton:

I know how you feel i to am tryin to lsoe weight i am 5'5 and weigh 279 and it is very hard for me i stay hungry all the time it seems like i never get full and its hard cause my husband dont need to lose weight and he eats chips snack cakes and all kinds of junk foor in front of me I have tried going on diets and everything but they only last a week or so than i break it and i cant really afford to join a gym or but a wii fit game

Army Wife to Rob 5/13/06...Mother to Matthew 3/13/06 and Lukas 12/22/07.. We miss you daddy!

StarsChildren
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM

well... nothing really made me start to lose, it just kinda happened. i consume the same amount of calories as I did before, sometimes more in the process of getting my protein. I have gained 10 lbs, and lost 8 1/2 inches. I don't really exercise, besides chasing my son around, walking a few times a week. This has been since November 17th 2009 (and last I measured was December 14th, so that was over a months time almost)... Hot sauce... on everything you eat, from brownies to candy bars to steak... hot sauce. Or something hot with each meal, like a chili or jalapeno pepper. It gets your metabolism working and into over drive. As you'll notice above I haven't lost weight, I've actually gained it, but I have lost inches which means I am turning the fat into muscle or more so my metabolism is turning the fat to muscle because I don't do anything different besides the hot sauce with/on everything and eating as much protien as I can get a day (lots of beef jerky, meats, sometimes a protien shake, etc...).

Quote:

What was the final straw for you to make you want to lose weight? How many calories do you consume on a daily basis? How long do you exercise? How much have you lose and how long has it taken you to lose it? Any advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am a Buddhist, Child Led Parenting, All Natural Kinda Mom

Check Out These Groups:

Well Rounded Moms
; Buddhist Mamas ; Natural Earth Mamas ;
Natural Pregnancy & Childbirth
; *Raising Intact Boys* ; Choosing Not To Vaccinated

wvuchick430
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I keep forgetting things thats why i reply so much ...I started using

www.fitnesspal.com
You enter your food intake...and excersise...only thing is they allow extra calories for excerising but DONT eat those...writing everything down has really helped me...I switched to Ice Tea, I limited myself to ! Pop a day and that was usually Diet something....and Crystal light like i said before...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)