Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat ppl .....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am going to buy my baby girl a car seat in a couple weeks( shes still in her infant seat).I was wondering if you could give me advice on which one I should get.I don't have a lot of money to throw around but I don't mind spending a little more for one that she will be able to use longer.Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM

graco myride.  $150 at walmart. harnesses to 65lbs 

kat247
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Thanks!

But I am kinda shocked.I really expected more than 1 reply/opinion.With all of the ppl on the drama posts about car seats I expected to be able to get some more opinions.... but ok.

jenniepepsi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

a little more pricy but cheaper in the long run is the radian 80. it goes up to 80 lbs harnessed, and with it, you wont ever have to buy a new seat again.

kat247
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Thats what i am really looking for...something that will last.Around how much are they ...do you know?

Quoting jenniepepsi:

a little more pricy but cheaper in the long run is the radian 80. it goes up to 80 lbs harnessed, and with it, you wont ever have to buy a new seat again.

Nysa
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I have the Graco My Ride, and I love it!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
jenniepepsi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM

im sure you could find it cheaper, but the cheapest i foudn was 210 at amazon.com

but you figure, if you buy a regular seat now, say like, the alpha omega by saftey first (DONT its a terrible seat) thats 120, then it goes up to....im not sure and i dont want to say in case i get ti wrong, buti ts not very high. maybe 30 or 40. so once they reach that, you have to get a NEW seat yet again, and those higher weight limit seats are usually over 200. so i figure, might as well spend the 200 now, and never have to spend the other 120 for the other seat.

Quoting kat247:

Thats what i am really looking for...something that will last.Around how much are they ...do you know?

Quoting jenniepepsi:

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

How old is she? How much does she weigh and how tall is she? Is she longer in the torso or in legs?

I'm Ashley. I'm 25 & married to my high school sweetheart Chris. Together for 8 1/2 yrs now. We have 2 1/2 yr old blue eyed, blonde curly haired fraternal twin boys, Mason & Connor. Who Rear Faced to the Max & now will be Harnessed to the Max! I am a SAHM and a proud Child Safety Passenger Advocate (CPSA). Have car seat questions? PM me or join the Car Seat Safety Group HERE.

darcyk10
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

go to babies r us they have WAY better selections and pick award winners a lot to sell. They have all price ranges. even online at babiesrus.com is good

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

jrp0606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

OK the first peice of advice i want to give you is do NOT buy anything that claims to rear face - forward face and booster.  You will be wasting your money.

The best thing to do is go to babies r us and try her in some seats see what she is comfortable in and what you find easy to adjust the harness etc on.

You want to look for seats that have tall shells and heigher weight limits.  I personally would  not buy a seat with a 40lb limit unless you expect to buy one in a few years time.  Most kids outgrow the 40lb limit seats before they are ready for a booster.

Here are some of my favorites.

First Years True Fit-RF to 35lbs then harnesses to 65lbs. Usually about $180, but this website has it for $146 right now!!! GREAT for taller children.

http://www.gosale.com/4948076/the-first-years-true-fit

Graco MyRide 65- RF to 40lbs & harnesses to 65lbs. It has a shorter shell than the true fit. Its about $150.

http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/ProductListingPage.aspx?catid=10:41%7C%7C1+10434:4294958943%7C%7C1

Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard-RF to 35lbs then harness to 65lbs.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

The radians have a 70% incompatibility rate. They do not fit in most vehicles.

Quoting kat247:

Quoting jenniepepsi:

I'm Ashley. I'm 25 & married to my high school sweetheart Chris. Together for 8 1/2 yrs now. We have 2 1/2 yr old blue eyed, blonde curly haired fraternal twin boys, Mason & Connor. Who Rear Faced to the Max & now will be Harnessed to the Max! I am a SAHM and a proud Child Safety Passenger Advocate (CPSA). Have car seat questions? PM me or join the Car Seat Safety Group HERE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)