Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for recipes (like casseroles, etc)...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

that is a hit with your toddlers.  I have a really picky eater, and right now I don't have much that's suitable for cooking a meal (other than Hamburger Helper) for tomorrow night.  I'm looking for some ideas on meals (lunches included) that I could prepare (and maybe freeze) that he would like.  I can go shopping tomorrow after work to pick up ingredients.  Recipes with veggies are ok too.  I know there's one w/ tater tots that I made once, but forgot what it was called, just remember there was cheese and hamburger in it, and the tots.  Thanks mommies!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Bump

charady
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Tator tot casserole?  I make it by browning beef, then mixing that with cheese and cream of mushroom soup and sometimes I throw some corn in it.  Then top with tator tots and cook!

Jrasifarmer
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I make a lot of casseroles...depends on what you are lookinig for:

Chicken Biscuit Bake

Poor Man's Lasagna

Tuna Casserole

Taco Casserole

TacoTot Casserole(see below)

Breakfast Casserole

Cordon Bleu Casserole

Broccoli Rice Casserole

And so many more, I have like a lot of cookbooks!!

TacoTot Casserole:

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
  • 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add corn and soup; mix well.
  2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.

Stay at Home Mom of THREE Beautiful little girls....Alex (9yr), Sami (3yr), and Bella (9mo).  These girls are my life. Happily married to a man I have known since grade school.  I love every minute of our crazy life.

charady
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Another one my son likes (he just turned 3) is chicken pot pie.  Mix together chicken, a bag of frozen mixed veggies (but thaw/drain first) then cream of chicken soup.  The topping is a biscuit top (recipe on the bisquick box) however, last time we made it with jiffy corn muffin mix on top and that was even better!  We just followed the instructions on the jiffy box, poured on top and baked for about an hour, I believe at 400 degrees.

usafwife314
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

You're talking about Tator Tot casserole.

It's ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, I think cream of chicken or something like it.  Then cheese, and tator tots on top.

michelle121003
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

One my dd likes is a chicken casserole dish

diced (cooked) chicken breast (or get a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it)

1 can cr. of celery AND cr. of chicken soup

8 oz sour cream

any add ins that you want...diced celery, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, corn, onion...whatever works for your family

Mix it all together then crush a sleeve of Ritz crackers and spread on top.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins.

It's an easy dinner that takes no time to make...and my kiddo loves it!

Christy78
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Try cooks.com   they have casseroles and other thing to cook

mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting charady:

Tator tot casserole?  I make it by browning beef, then mixing that with cheese and cream of mushroom soup and sometimes I throw some corn in it.  Then top with tator tots and cook!

It wasn't this one, but sounds good, I'll add it to my list, thanks!  :)

mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Jrasifarmer:

And so many more, I have like a lot of cookbooks!!

TacoTot Casserole:

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
  • 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add corn and soup; mix well.
  2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.

This was more like the one I made.  I remember it had some Mexican style flavoring mixed in. Thanks! 

mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Quoting charady:

Another one my son likes (he just turned 3) is chicken pot pie.  Mix together chicken, a bag of frozen mixed veggies (but thaw/drain first) then cream of chicken soup.  The topping is a biscuit top (recipe on the bisquick box) however, last time we made it with jiffy corn muffin mix on top and that was even better!  We just followed the instructions on the jiffy box, poured on top and baked for about an hour, I believe at 400 degrees.

That sounds so good right now! I'd have to find a way to mix the veggies in good so he wouldn't notice them, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)