Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody on disability i have a question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

i just saw my neighbor in the laundry room and he told me he just got an eviction notice. his disability from work ran out, and he applied for soc sec disability in the fall and hasnt heard yeah or nay, how long did it take for u to hear yeah or nay when u applied

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Makenseysmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

My mom applied in Oct and was just approved "medically" two weeks ago, but that's really unheard of to be approved that fast. She had a stroke last May that left her, legally blind and she also has seizures now. Along with other problems with her blood.

SmoochPhotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
AquarianPath
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM
mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I had to go through a few appeals to get mine (this was several years ago, I haven't been on it in a long time) and I had to get legal aid to help me.

jeni0323

Depends on the situation. Some people are approved quickly, some take  forevert and some get denied and have to reapply.

aka_speezolove

I don't really remember. I do know that it took me almost a year from the time I applied to see a judge. 

Nzumbe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Years.

LollipopDream
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Over 6 months and it was a no. But we are fighting it.

Septpreggo
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM
wow holy crap! six months to several years!!!!!!! i was hoping he'd hear something soon so he could stay in his apartment, ugh, thats not good! thanks for the answers though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)