Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are these legit?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

What is the catch?  I found in on yahoo jobs in a search for my area...

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JIS3S275GLQ;_ylt=Autu.yAlor._9eHE.vmvV7X6Q6IX?source=SRP

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michelle121003
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Idk...sounds too good to be true...

mrshillis
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Sorry to say this; I wish this type of ad was legit, but it's not.  The company will either ask you to purchase "materials" to complete the job or will send you an "assignment" to complete, then when it is time to turn your work in to get paid, there will be some reason they cannot accept your work or pay you for it.  A SAH cousin of mine was scammed by a company like this a couple of years ago and lost quite a bit of time/money.  General rule is if it sounds too good to be true, it is.  If you have a computer/printer and the skills to do the type of work mentioned in the ad, make up flyers and advertise at local stores/schools/businesses to pick up extra money.  Going rate can be as much as $3/page for typing, depending on the project.

Take care,

Charlotte

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I keep hearing that if you have to pay any fees that it is not legit.
Where else do you have to pay to get a job?
IMO- too good to be true.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM

bump

krissy0506
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I don't know about this particular company, but a lot of them want you to pay a start up fee for "a kit"...which is complete bull shit. Any company like this that wants you to pay something up front is a scam. Also, they will send you only so many "entries" a day to work on and if you don't do them "perfect" they won't pay you for it or they just won't send you anything at all and will keep your start up fee.  Bottom line...anytime a company is advertising a job that STARTS at $300 a day is bullshit. Thats the kind of job you need a pretty sweet degree for.

ERNAProud
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM

SCAM. Most of the data entry jobs are.

Go look at momportunity.com and you will find a few jobs there and they give you hints as to which are scams and how to spot a scam.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)