Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would YOU forgive him? From today's New York Times...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today's Modern Love column in the New York Times... for moms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/fashion/03love.html?ref=fashion

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kiralyn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM

yes i would have..what a sad story.

greenie63
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Yes i would. What a sad story.

imechard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I am not sure, honestly probably not. To me there is no other reason than selfishness in this father to be with his son. That is not what being a parent is about, it is about self sacrifice in some instances and this father should have remained as he was, anonymous to his child that he had decided not to have a relationship with, until the need arrived for the father to find comfort

momof41981115
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I don't think so,I think it was pretty selfish of him to want to come back to the son that he ditched,just to make himself feel better. My sons father was super excited during the pregnancy but decided he didnt want to be a dad when our son was 2 weeks old,he's 5 now and we haven't seen him since. If he all the sudden wanted to be a dad again I would definitely say no.I wouldn't bring that kind of confusion into my kids life no matter what the circumstances,not without a court order at least. 

MOMMY TO 4
SWEET LITTLE HEATHENS:)

gurliegal86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I don't think I could have forgiven him when I am about to have a child and he just deicdes he can't do it...but I think it is good that he made an effort and was able to make some memories with him.

pety
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Talk about having to make a tough choice, this woman I believe made the best decision for the long run, she put aside her emotions and maybe her anger towards her ex and thought only about the child. She knew she would be left to pick up pieces if he died but also knew that as an adult her child would have wanted to have those pieces. God bless her!

mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I responded in another post about this, so I won't repeat what I said.  For myself, I wouldn't forgive him, I think the man was selfish.  But for my son's sake, yes and I would let him be a part of his life, especially knowing that he was going to die.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)