Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is vomitting a symptom of an ear infection?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

so my son has vomitted 5 (NOW its 7 TIMES) times within the hour... he is whiny and doesnt feel good... he also tugged at his left ear. He is rarely sick...my first thought was a virus but the ear tug made me wonder if its infection. I called the nurse to see if I should rush to urgent care or the er but it will be a while before she calls back if its a virus I know there is nothing they can do so thats why I want to know if I should go or not... plus we will need a referral. Anywho... anyone's child vomit with an infection?

EDIT... would you take your child to the er for this? I'm still waiting for the nurse to return my call...

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LollipopDream
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Can be if the infection is bad enough.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM

don't think so, you could go to webmd and put in the symptoms and see whatcomes up while you are waiting.

flipper_28
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

idk...if its messin with his balance and stuff it could be....my kids always have somethin else with theirs.....here's ya a bumpity bump tho....hope your little one feels better soon.

some people are like slinky's ---- not really good for anything....but make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

poor guy has the hick ups now and has almost thrown up while holding him again. Poor baby I hate when they are sick :-(

Christy78
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM

MY 4 yr old  say her ear hurts and did not eat anything and last week for 3 day she was vomiting . And her dr I do not like at all.  So in the morning I looking for a new dr . . I 'm not sure does he say his ear hurts. I would go to  urgent care to see if ear infection .

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM

He's only 10 months :-( so he cant tell me

Quoting Christy78:

MY 4 yr old  say her ear hurts and did not eat anything and last week for 3 day she was vomiting . And her dr I do not like at all.  So in the morning I looking for a new dr . . I 'm not sure does he say his ear hurts. I would go to  urgent care to see if ear infection .

americanpeso
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

My ds throws up everytime he has an ear infection. I don't know if it's just because he has tubes, but earlier this week he was throwing up again, and sure enough, an ear infection.

ETA: He also only gets inner ear infection, so that probably has something to do with it. Inner ear infections can throw off their balance, which can make them dizzy and throw up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)