Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so lost here

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am a fabulous cook, and I recently got a crockpot.  I need some recipes for my new crock pot.  Does anyone have any?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amayabrianna
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

This has about (I think it said) 1400 recipes for the crock pot. HTH some!!

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.       Proverbs 18:2

rainbow4-1.gif picture by amayabrianna

Amybelle
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

You HAVE to join the Crockpot Moms groups here!!! They have soooooooooooo many yummy recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

A very easy recipie my kids love is BBQ Chicken.

1/2 to 1 whole chopped onion (depending on how much your family likes onion, or you can omit completely)

1 bottle your fav bbq sauce.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

4 mini corn on the cobs

Place chicken in crock pot then put onions on top. Pour entire bottle of bbq over chicken and onions. Wrap corn individually in aluminum foil. Place ontop of chicken and onions. Cook on low to med heat for 6 to 7 hours.

Thats it.

Chicken will be so tender it will mimic pulled pork.

lifehappy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I don't use my crockpot too often...I haven't come across too many healthful recipes that don't require something out of a can or a preservative-loaded ingredient, but I do have one really great recipe. It's so simple and tastes delicious with a serving of black beans or steamed brown rice. Throw some boneless/skinless chicken breasts in your crockpot and make enough salsa to cover the breasts and then some. I have used jarred salsa before, but fresh tomato salsa tastes the best. Cook on low for 6 hours. Sooooo good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)