Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not screwed but still pissed off. Better? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 88 Replies

So we live with my Dad. To help him out! So he can pay his bills and stress less. About 9 months ago he started dating an ex friend of mines MARRIED mom. Fast forward 9 months and she's getting a divorce and moving in. In about 3 or 4 months. My Dad has said for over a year that he does not want us to move out. That he loves having us here and beign able to see his grandson every day. Things changed tonite. We have 90 days (maybe) to get out of his house. And he got all pissed off cuz I called him out on his shit. We just went last night and spent over a grand on bedroom furniture. Which he knows we were planning to do. Well he comes home tonite and tells us to get out. All so the whore and her kids can move in. We are in his way. I am so completly upset right now. He acted like a complete ass towards me tonite. I stay home with the baby. We only have onecar which we are still paying for. My husband has a good job and we will be ok but the next few months is going to be really difficult cuz I know my dad is going to get mean. If we could move out sooner we would.  OMG I'm so stressed right now.

EDIT: We had our own apartment before we moved in here. But that was also BEFORE we had our DS. I was also working BEFORE we moved in here. We now only have one car. With the economy here it's very hard to find any job and believe me I've looked. I also babysit 6 days a week to put money away. Also to address the whole furniture issue. My Dh and I did not have a bed. We both slept on our couch. We said that until we could pay for the bedroom set in full then we were not going to buy it. Not only did we getourselves a bed but we also bought a bed for our toddler who is growing out of his crib. I'm not mad that we have to move out. I'm pissed about the way he did all this. We knew his GF and her kids were moving in but he told us over adn over and over again that he did not want us to move out. He wanted us to stay here. Until tonite when he decided that he doesn't want any of us here.  So he went back on what he had been telling us.

Update: So now that I've calmed down and thought clearly I've realized that things will be better this way. We've found a few places to go look at. What sucks is the start up costs. We pretty much have to start from scratch. We sold all of our kitchen stuff when we moved in so it wouldn't be ruined in storage. So I've made a list of everything we have to get. Plus the list of stuff that we need to get rid of. I'm looking forward to having my own place again. My Dad has made his decision to choose his gf over his kids again. He's done this multiple times. But things have been really good since I got married. But this is his house and if he wants it back then so be it. Hopefully he apologizes for the hurtful things he said last night but I doubt he will. I'm not looking forward to him coming home from work today mostly becuase my husband will be at work and he tends to attack worse when he's not here. But I'm gonna tough it out and deal with it as best I can. It's time to start all over again. A new fresh start for my family.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Wow.  I'm sorry.  At least he gave 90 days.  Hopefully you guys can get something worked out by then.  Good luck.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM

OMG what a terrible thing for your father to do. I'm so sorry.

Kairi       

cmb121906
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Ouch, that sucks. Guess it just goes to show where his priorities lie. I'd leave him with a big fat fuck you that's for sure. I'd destroy some shit too that I had bought for him or whatever.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

MegB8402
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Wow.  I'm sorry.  At least he gave 90 days.  Hopefully you guys can get something worked out by then.  Good luck.

Yeah but he's going to make those 90 days as miserable as possible. He's going to treat me like shit. He's already doing it. Just told me amybe my fat lazy ass should find a place with a work out area. Douche. I weigh 128 lbs and I'm 5'7 I also have an eating disorder. Fucking bastard.

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM

90days is QUITE a long time.. just start looking for a place to live, you may have to look in a less expensive town or something, but you will come across SOMETHING in 90 days. legally he only had to give you 30.. so I guess just be thankful for the 90 days... SORRY MOMMA

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM

So sorry for your situation. Dont pay for any of his bills for the next 90 days and hope you can find somewhere suitable in that time.

I would say try talking to him and let him know how you feel about the situation. You were there to help him so he should be helping you.

You probably dont want to, but could you take the bedroom furniture back to put some more money in your pocket for the move?

Good Luck mama.

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quoting MegB8402:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Yeah but he's going to make those 90 days as miserable as possible. He's going to treat me like shit. He's already doing it. Just told me amybe my fat lazy ass should find a place with a work out area. Douche. I weigh 128 lbs and I'm 5'7 I also have an eating disorder. Fucking bastard.

OH MY GOD.. he did NOT!!!!! I probably would have punched the shit out of him... (although my father and i BARELY get along.. lol.. I could never live with him! )

JakeandEmmasMom

Quoting MegB8402:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Your dad said that to you?  That's a special kind of nasty! 

raegansmom

That's terrible!  Are you able to return what you bought so you have that money toward a security deposit?

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Quoting Trotterswife:

So sorry for your situation. Dont pay for any of his bills for the next 90 days and hope you can find somewhere suitable in that time.

I would say try talking to him and let him know how you feel about the situation. You were there to help him so he should be helping you.

You probably dont want to, but could you take the bedroom furniture back to put some more money in your pocket for the move?

Good Luck mama.

yeah i would do that too.. do pay for ANYTHING for these 90 days... tell him you have to put all your money toward deposits so you can move out... ONLY buy food to feed your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)