Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am reposting my chubby post :) have a look see

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

Well it's that time of year ladies. It's the new year and everyones desire to get skinny is in full force.  Everywhere I look someone is talking about, the many many diet options our supermarkets and pharmacies are loaded with.

On cafemom I have noticed lots of questions about different diets and on T.V. taco bell now has a weightloss menu. CRAZYYYY.  So i thought this would be interesting for people to post here what their plans are, or things that have worked for them and we can be a huge bundle of information.

I went a little to the extreme, I went from being a red meat loving omnivore to vegan I also walked for 30 minutes 5 days a week. And after 30 days I saw huge results in not just my figure but in my mood,  my energy, and trips to the bathroom were much much easier if you kwim. I never felt better in my entire life except for maybe when I was a kid lol. I am no longer Vegan though I do strive to be.

I am a sucker for cheese. Casein in dairy actually acts like an addictive substance, similiar to breat milk. In breastmilk like cows milk there are chemicals in there that turn on the happy feelings in the brain. Which in turn makes the little babies and calves want to nurse as much as possible. So in a way we are all little sucklings lol. So I know the source of my cheese addiction now to go about fighting it. Isn't it amazing how a tiny amount of cheese or butter completely transforms a dish? Well now you know why.

So here are my Before and after pictures. I still have a ways to go, so bare with me lol. 168 LBS

After 30 days vegan 143 LBS!!!!!!!|

SO IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESS STORY, SHARE IT.   IF YOU HAVE PLANS, SHARE THEM.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, BRING EM ON! 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM

What happened to your other one?

Earth-Angel
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I just started my diet and found a great support system on cm.  I am exercising, eating one meal a day, I stopped drinking pop and eating sweets and I'm trying not to eat meat. So, we'll see! 

wifemomteacher
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Wow!! That is awesome!!

ladyvamp5489
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I am back on my Wii fit!  I didnt have it for about 4 months so my weightloss regiman went out the window, but now i have it back and can get going again!  WOOHOOO!

ambcutie24
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I have started today I am going to the gym in the am for about 45 min then do a class mon and wed and the other days I am going to run/walk for at least 30 min. I also have done my first 5 k last friday. Also I am going to try TRY and eat less

ERNAProud
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Ok, I have seen enough of these "motivational" posts today and it worked. I am going right now to kick my kids off of the PS2 Eyetoy Play and play my Eyetoy Kinetics game.

Lisse_2006
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM
WOW! Thats great! I had a friend that became vegan and she dropped weight so fast. She also cut out any pop and only had a glass of juice a day.. then just water. No sweets, instead fruit. I was thinking about doing that is month actually. Are you going to stay vegan or are you already back eating meat? Do you think if you do it will put the weight back on?

toddler boy  ~ The Sweetest Hustle Blog ~happy

Jguevara
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Wow! I just wanted to say you look great.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I made it super early this morning and ended up leaving all day so i just thought it would just be easier to make a new one during a time where more people on

Quoting kk_bella:

What happened to your other one?

lifehappy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

You are looking incredible! Keep it up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)