Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regrets!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

I know alot of times people will say they have no regrets and they wouldn't do anything different. I used to say this myself adding that all I have been through in my life contributed to who I am and how I am now. However, I wonder if we aren't just lying to ourselves a little bit in order to feel better about the things we have done.

I regret...a brief affair I had while seperated from my hubs.

I regret....it was a married man and that I didn't take the time to make sure he was really getting divorced.

I regret...that I partied as much as I did when I was younger and some of the men I dated or things I did as a result. 

What do you regret???

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2angels491
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I regret marrying my abuser.

I regret letting him brainwash me into thinking I was no good.

I regret letting him control my thoughts and feelings.

I regret taking him back over and over and over again.

There are too many more to think of at one time.

sillygoose125
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I regret letting my then-husband talk me out of finishing college and getting my degree so I could stay home and let him beat me.

I regret falling into a rut that allows me to make excuses to "let myself go" because I didn't think I was worth more.

Mostly I regret knowing that i have done these things, yet haven't taken any steps to make it right yet. 

but I know that I have set some things in motion to help make that happen.

My shift buttons sticks and it drives me crazy! I've decided that I will NO LONGER take the time to edit every post to try to fix this. Thanks for your understanding.

sillygoose125
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

yep. You and me both. In essence, I *think* what it is is that we regret that we fell in love with the WRONG man for us, and had to pay serious consequences.

Quoting momof2angels491:

I regret marrying my abuser.

I regret letting him brainwash me into thinking I was no good.

I regret letting him control my thoughts and feelings.

I regret taking him back over and over and over again.

There are too many more to think of at one time.

My shift buttons sticks and it drives me crazy! I've decided that I will NO LONGER take the time to edit every post to try to fix this. Thanks for your understanding.

SpiritFortress
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I regret that I got intimate with my therapist and this will likely not turn out well.

MsRich0225
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I regret putting a perm in my hair back in September

I regret getting my hair cut when I got to Korea

I regret letting that chick I didn't know put those braids in my hair causing it to break off and fall out

MsRich0225
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I regret that I got intimate with my therapist and this will likely not turn out well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hope you're being funny.....

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

My biggest one is not waiting until marriage to have sex. It was soo important to me, and yet I didnt. I just wanted to get it over with. 

peanut081981
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Taking into consideration what you've said, still nothing. I'm only 28 and I've already been more places, done more things, and had more experiences than most people will in a lifetime. A lot bad, a lot good, all worth the story, and the person I am today. 

Krystal

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I regret that I haven't learned from my mistakes. 

SpiritFortress
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I am sooo not kidding. He was over last night and well things went well! But not sure where to go from here.

Quoting MsRich0225:

Quoting SpiritFortress:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hope you're being funny.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)