Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need hlp making smoothie

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I bought frozen strawberries,yogurt,ice cream can someone help I don't know how to make a smoothie.Is it not turning out right because its frozen

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:28 PM

When I make mine I put will either use ice cream or yogurt, both tends to make the consistency funky.  And since the strawberries are frozen you won't need to use as much ice.

Pregnancy%20ticker
JasKat3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Also, Add some sort of Liquid. I like to use either Pineapple juice or Orange Juice... Some frozen strawberries, Yogurt, and a bit of Ice... MMMhhhh... I'd throw in a banana too. =)

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and no sugar orange juice.

Just be careful with the smoothies, they'll go right to your waist line.

preciouschild
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Ok I'm having a blond moment (no offense to the blondes).I just got my first blender for Christmas.When I put the berries in it doesn't want to break them up.Should I put everything in at once?

Which setting do I use?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM

if you are doing frozen fruit you need to add a liquid to help the blending.   My favorite recipe is strawberry yogurt, orange or pineapple juice and fresh banana.  We have also made non dairy smoothies with frozen strawberries, fresh bananas and pineapple juice.  Texture in both cases have been very smooth .

JasKat3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Quoting preciouschild:

Ok I'm having a blond moment (no offense to the blondes).I just got my first blender for Christmas.When I put the berries in it doesn't want to break them up.Should I put everything in at once?

Which setting do I use?

Everything at once.. Add some liquid (OJ is a good one), Some berries, a banana, some Yogurt and a some ice (but not too much if the berries are frozen). Then hit blend. Any setting is fine just stop when you see the consistency that you want.

MeganRoggero
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM

yes put everything togther, and no offense takin :D

Quoting preciouschild:

Which setting do I use?

pageantgirl3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I make mine with apple juice and frozen stawberries (and I add Herbalife protein powder). I'll sometimes add nonfat yogurt. Isn't ice cream a malt?

Heather : Ask me how you can lose weight!

michelle121003
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I always have a hard time with the frozen strawberries...never seem to blend for me either.  I like to use frozen blueberries, scoop of protein powder, and milk.  Make it for breakfast (sometimes) and it turns out just fine!!  I do believe it's helped me lose 30 lbs over the past 6 months...

madelyns_momma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Fruit, real fruit juice, nonfat yogurt, milk...the things that go into smoothies are whole foods, all very healthy. They're not going to go right to your waistline unless you're spooning in ice cream, fake juice...etc.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and no sugar orange juice.

Just be careful with the smoothies, they'll go right to your waist line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)