Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vbac after 2 c-sections

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone had any experience w/ vbac after 2 consecutive c-sections??   i can't find an ob who will allow me to attempt labor due to increased risk of uterine rupture.  Wondering what experience others have had.  This is also my 3rd baby.

thanks!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momma43789
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM

all of the ob's and hospitals around here won't unless you've already had a baby naturally

Daisypath Wedding tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

jenzachsam
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Nope, 0 docs here will even attempt a vbac after 2 c's.  I would check into a possible midwife?  They have to see your chart to see why you had to have a cesection.  I had a midwife, she read my chart and turned me down.  Mine were medically necessary. 

"No pain, no gain".  Jen, wife to Sam.  Mom to Zachary, Daniel, and Jasper.  Jasper has Mild Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. 

aviatorswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I don't have any expereince there. I've had one c-section and hoping for a vbac next time. If you're not part of this group I reccommend it. They have given me alot of helpful info.

VBAC moms 

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
aviatorswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Can you explain what you mean by medically neccessary? Mine were by the time we got there, but if we hadn't induced and I hadn't allowed my OB to brake my water I don't feel it would have been as I was merely not progressing, but when the baby is truly not ready, you have been in labor for 27 hours and are no further along than not yet 2cm and now the water has been broke there is only so long you can go. Hind sight is 20/20 in my case, and I think if I had educated myself better I would not have needed a c-section.

Quoting jenzachsam:

Nope, 0 docs here will even attempt a vbac after 2 c's.  I would check into a possible midwife?  They have to see your chart to see why you had to have a cesection.  I had a midwife, she read my chart and turned me down.  Mine were medically necessary

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)