Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay I'm going to rip his freaking head off.... ::VENT::

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay my DH is pissing me the EFF off.  This morning he just did not start off right, he kicked me out of bed (literally) to get our son his medicine.  I got it and tried to go back to sleep, but DS was up so I got up and of course he had opened his feeding tube during the night so he was covered in milk.  So I got him undressed and poured his bath.  After that there was no way he was going back to sleep so I gave up on going back to sleep.  I made blueberry muffins for DH for his breakfast hoping the smell would wake him up.  I didn't.  They were getting cold so I went in there to get him up and he fussed and pushed me out of bed again.  When he did get up, he was all lovey dovey and thanked me for making him breakfast then he went straight to the couch where he stayed ALL DAY.  We had a MOUNTAIN of laundry that needed to be folded b/c of two weeks we have been washing them and drying them and then tossing them in the "to be folded" pile that never got folded.  I was folding for 3 hours! DS was crawling all over my piles, of course, and DH couldn't entertain him for even PART of the time.  I asked him what he wanted for dinner, and he had some menudo that he brought from his moms (another thing that pisses me off; everytime he goes down there he has to bring half her fridge back w/him like I don't cook for him and he's starving).  He knows I HATE menudo and the smell of it makes me want to get sick.  When I asked him what I was supposed to eat, he starts whining about why don't I like menudo (hello, I'm white) or tamales (something else he brought back from his mom's) so I just went off.  I folded all that laundry and put it away myself b/c it was bothering HIM.  I got up and cooked him breakfast and he didn't even help w/DS this morning.  I let him sleep b/c he usually lets me sleep during the weekends, and instead of being appreciative of this, he complains about me b/c I don't like his mom's nasty ass menudo.  Hello it is pig stomach.  That's why I don't freaking like it.  Grrrrrr.

-Ashley, 23-y/o Soldier, Army Wife, and Mother to a 3 y/o miracle boy, Azriel (survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant.) I am a vaxing, non-ERF, pro-life, part-time college student, COMMON SENSE type mother.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Menudo makes me sick to my stomach also. I do love tamales though!

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

well that all sucks but honestly you might want to stop folding laundry that's bothering him and start putting up some personal boundaries. 

The group I call home is 2gether 4change !! The group I "Play" in is TAA ..I hope to see you there !!!   

AquarianPath
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM

My husband is half mexican, and his mom ALWAYS made menudo , I hate the smell, the taste, the look, bleh! I love tamales though!

What a butthead,though...dang 

SurvivingMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM

LMAO I'm sorry I'm still laughing about Hello, I'm white. LMAO. 

SoldierMom86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I told him if he wants someone to eat menudo with to go find a Mexican girl.  He picked me, he needs to deal w/it!  I tried it out of respect for him and his mom but it was awful it made me gag.

Quoting SurvivingMommy:

-Ashley, 23-y/o Soldier, Army Wife, and Mother to a 3 y/o miracle boy, Azriel (survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant.) I am a vaxing, non-ERF, pro-life, part-time college student, COMMON SENSE type mother.

MarissasMommy20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Quoting SurvivingMommy:

hahaha me too!

meneudo is naaaaaaaasty

SoldierMom86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Honestly, it's probably like scrapple or chitlins; people ate it back in the day b/c they had nothing else and had to make food out of nasty cuts of meat and now people keep making it b/c it's become a cultural thing but really...it tastes gross and if the people who started making this stuff could have the stuff that we have available to us now, the would never eat that crap! 

Quoting MarissasMommy20:

Quoting SurvivingMommy:

hahaha me too!

meneudo is naaaaaaaasty

2boysnow
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I know what you mean kinda, I live in the South and they eat a lot of peas, beans, collards, squash and stuff like that around here. I dont like it at all, my parents are Northerns and they didnt raise me and my sisters on stuff like that. When DH and I go to his families home they cook loads of vegs, no meat just beans and stuff. YUCK! I dont eat much just enough to make myself swallow a few bites to please them, they think Im rude cause I dont like it. They also send loads of it home with us, it sits in the fridge cause the kids dont eat it either and DH doesnt eat leftovers, when its time to throw it out the next day or so I make DH open the bowls and stuf and dump them cause I cant stand they way leftover vegs smell. It makes me sick, maybe in your case as in mine they are just trying to be nice and hope that one day you will change your mind and like it. IF I were you just cook whatever you like for you and your son and dont worry about your DH if he was raised to like it then there is almost nothing you can do to change it. :)

angelbabee2009
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM

i wouldnt eat it either thats groos and i would have started yelling at him to get off his lazy ass and help or get the hell out and if he chose to leave i wouldnt let him come back bc thats just ignorant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)