Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayers needed for a mommy ;-) Edited...EDITED again...surgery over! :-)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey all...just need some positive thoughts & prayers for a young mom I know.  Her ex hubby is a good friend of mine, but we all knew eachother back in the day....

Anyway...

She's 30 (I think)...has 3 kids, one with some special needs, and has to have major surgery tomorrow.  She went to the hospital for a totally unrelated reason & they found a brain tumor about the size of a baseball.  It's not cancerous, but still some very risky surgery with some very major possible complications...

Please keep her, her ex & their children & families in your thoughts & prayers...

Thanks guys...

EDITED to add...

Just a note from her ex....

"I would like to thank everyone for the support you all are giving the mother of my children. I know **** appreciates it to. The kids and I will let everyone know whats going on as soon as we know. Thank you all for the prayers we are only expecting a full recovery and wont accept anything less. Our prayers are with you **** and our kids are anxious to your healthy return. :)"

Thanks again all!!!

EDITED again to add....

Thank you all for the prayers!  Her surgery took longer than they thought but they also removed more than they had anticipated being able to so she may not need another surgery (they thought she would).  Last I heard she was awake & moving & doing very well.  God bless you all! :-)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2-3kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM

bump

Kristin2008
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I will keep them in my prayers.

AntelopeMom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Praying for your friend.

"When you have brought up kids, there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts."  ~Robert Brault~

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

hope she is okay!!!  my brother had brain cancer when he was 15, it was really scary!   it was in the part of his brain that controlled long term memory so there was a very real chance he could wake up and not know who any of us were.  Thankfully that didn't happen and he is almost 8 years cancer free! 

cuddlebunnymom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Hope all goes well!!!

cherieb10
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. 

toybar02
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM

She and her family are definitely in my prayers " Bump"

sara_3388
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Quoting Kristin2008:

I will keep them in my prayers.

mommy2-3kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Thank you all ;-)

mommy2-3kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

bump for thank you edit ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)