Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone on here.....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

ever used EBAY to sell anything or an Ebay store?? I have some VERY OLD baseball cards I'm trying to get rid of. I live in Frankfort KY and none of the comic book stores will take them. So I found an Ebay store in Louisville and was wondering how good are they? What are the pros and cons? Some advice would be great please, especially if you are well experienced with them. Thanks ladies. I just want to get rid of these damn things. I hate baseball. LOL

~Heather~Wife to Nathaniel~Mommy to Chavelle/Micheal/Hecate~

Pro-vaxxer, pro-choicer, spanker, curser, pro-CIOer, co-sleeper, Wiccan studying, soon to be college student, me and my kids listen to heavy, death and black metal, breast and formula feeder, circumcizing, tripp pants and band t-shirt wearing, pierced, tatted, bi-sexual, now and then I baby my kids, tough-loving, plump sized, don't give a f*&k, speaks her mind, open-minded, mama to 3 awesome hard core hell-raisers!!!!
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM

my husband does this online all the time, you might want to take them to a professional first to get them checked out, some of those old cards are worth a good chunk of money! we have a few that are worth a few thousand

TwitchyPookie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I have a few original Rookie cards of some players (can't remember off top of my head) but I have had many people tell me they are worth a good chunk of change. Which would be great. What do you mean professional, like an appraiser?

Quoting aidensema:

my husband does this online all the time, you might want to take them to a professional first to get them checked out, some of those old cards are worth a good chunk of money! we have a few that are worth a few thousand

Pro-vaxxer, pro-choicer, spanker, curser, pro-CIOer, co-sleeper, Wiccan studying, soon to be college student, me and my kids listen to heavy, death and black metal, breast and formula feeder, circumcizing, tripp pants and band t-shirt wearing, pierced, tatted, bi-sexual, now and then I baby my kids, tough-loving, plump sized, don't give a f*&k, speaks her mind, open-minded, mama to 3 awesome hard core hell-raisers!!!!
aidensema
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

yes or you could pm me pics of the cards or their names and years and i could have my husband look it up for you

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

I have a few original Rookie cards of some players (can't remember off top of my head) but I have had many people tell me they are worth a good chunk of change. Which would be great. What do you mean professional, like an appraiser?

Quoting aidensema:

mommy2-3kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Idk but let me know if you find something that works for you!  When we moved into our house the people who moved out left a TON of stuff behind, including an attic full of crap that still hasn't been dealt with 5 years later....but I digress...

ANYway...we found 5 shoeboxes FULL of 1960-70s baseball cards.  I tried at one point to organize them & research what they're worth but I just do not have the patience for it.  I'd love to sell them but being that I have no clue what they're worth I'm so afraid of getting ripped off.  Yeah...I know...I should suck it up & do the research lol

aidensema
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM

there are forums that deal with that kind of stuff. special ones just for trading cards. its free to join and post to see what they are worth

Quoting mommy2-3kiddos:

Idk but let me know if you find something that works for you!  When we moved into our house the people who moved out left a TON of stuff behind, including an attic full of crap that still hasn't been dealt with 5 years later....but I digress...

ANYway...we found 5 shoeboxes FULL of 1960-70s baseball cards.  I tried at one point to organize them & research what they're worth but I just do not have the patience for it.  I'd love to sell them but being that I have no clue what they're worth I'm so afraid of getting ripped off.  Yeah...I know...I should suck it up & do the research lol

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM

If you sell and/or buy something, you have to be VERY careful. There are a LOT of scammers out there. PLUS, you will have to pay Ebay's fees, AND Paypal fees. They don't tell you that crap, so they take more than you would expect. (It was probably like $10 total, but still.) I am not dealing with them anymore. UGH.

TwitchyPookie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Where does he look up the worth at? What's the name of the site? Or is it on Ebay he does it? Just trying to gather some info. Sorry if I seem a bit dumb. I'm new to this. Usually I just take all my unwanted stuff to the goodwill or some thrift store.

Quoting aidensema:

yes or you could pm me pics of the cards or their names and years and i could have my husband look it up for you

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

Quoting aidensema:

aidensema
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM

my husband said his forums are only for trading, he has books thou he could look them up for you, he says he needs the name of the card company, the year of the card, and the number on the card (not the players name or jersy number)

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

Where does he look up the worth at? What's the name of the site? Or is it on Ebay he does it? Just trying to gather some info. Sorry if I seem a bit dumb. I'm new to this. Usually I just take all my unwanted stuff to the goodwill or some thrift store.

Quoting aidensema:

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

Quoting aidensema:

TwitchyPookie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

ok....I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I'll pm them to you and then you can pm me back with what he finds. Thanks so much.

Quoting aidensema:

my husband said his forums are only for trading, he has books thou he could look them up for you, he says he needs the name of the card company, the year of the card, and the number on the card (not the players name or jersy number)

aidensema
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

ok np. if you have any other questions just pm me. my husband is always playing around with these damn cards, he shouldopen up a damn shop already! lol

Quoting TwitchyPookie:

ok....I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I'll pm them to you and then you can pm me back with what he finds. Thanks so much.

Quoting aidensema:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)