Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever happend to you?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

We were out of town and dh went to an atm. He tried to get 60$ out and nothing came out. So he tried again and the same thing happened. No money came out and on the receipt it said something to that effect. Anywho he typed in 40$ and the 40$ came out finally. So we get home and the ATM took 60$ + 60$ + 40$ out of our account and we only got the 40$. We didn't run out of money or anything I think the ATM did but we are now out 120$ is there anything we can do or are we suppose to just eat it? WE have a receipt for one of the 60$ transactions that did not happened but nothing else. This place was a really small hole in the wall place.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
javidsgirl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM

contact the atm company and your bank asap

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Most ATMs have a camera so maybe they can check that to see that you didn't get the money.

baby 1stholiday

lizinthecountry
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I would think they should be able to count the money in the atm when it gets serviced to match it up to the withdrawls? I dont know though. 

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I would call my bank asap.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I am tomorrow. Our bank is not opne today and neither is the store but I really hope we are not just out that money.

Quoting javidsgirl:

contact the atm company and your bank asap

MJOviatt
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Same thing happened to us last year.  Just call your bank, they'll tell you what you need to do.  Depending on your bank, it shouldn't be a hassle getting the charges reversed.

mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

i work at a bank and the atm should be over 120 dollars. however your bank wont be able to help you unless thats where the atm is. you need to contact the location where the atm is. most likely they wont be able to open the atm til before or after hours. hope this helps

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Maybe more than that depending on who ever came in after us and got money.

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

i work at a bank and the atm should be over 120 dollars. however your bank wont be able to help you unless thats where the atm is. you need to contact the location where the atm is. most likely they wont be able to open the atm til before or after hours. hope this helps

mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM

just be sure to keep your receipts, hopefully it will work out in your favor but alot of the time they cant determine whether or not you got the money or if someone else was out that money. good luck!

Quoting misssy2000:

Maybe more than that depending on who ever came in after us and got money.

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

Aamy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Go into the bank you tried to take the money from. Or usually they will have a 1-800 on the ATM you can try and call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)