Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY BROTHER CRIES ABOUT EVERYTHING edit i put my reply in my post

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 33 Replies

hes nine year old and he pisses me off so bad because he thnks he can get whatever he wants when he cries.

doesnt work with me. im not mommy and daddy going through a divorce afraid that hell run to the other parent and tell.

i just told him he can cry as much as he wants and it wont matter to me. hahahahaha

it was over somethign reallyt stupid btw, so im not being a horrible person lol.

here is the reply that i would like you all to read. if you still think im being a stupid B*tch then there will be no changing your minds. everyone has their own opinions.

my brother cries over VERY dumb things.  example. the other day my brother asked for a drink, all fine and good. asked my dad to get it for him, right after my dad sits down from getting himself a drink.  my brother was standing up.  my dad told him to get it himself;he cried because my dad didnt love him enough to get it for him.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE. christmas morning right before i go to work. he opens his presents.. got a brand new ipod touch, a new cell phone, a new camera, a couple videogames((and a couple other things)).  then cried because thats ALL he got.......he makes my dad feel like such a bad father. and dont get me wrong, my dad pisses me off sometimes too((mostly about the way he treats my brother granted)) but i never ever make him feel like a bad dad, and i always make it known that what i get, i appreciate.

the one exception is that i am moving out, and yes, i do appreciate him giving me a roof over my head, but i need to be on my own, and i have tried to make that known, but he has made me feel baad for wanting to be on my own..so this is the one thing that kindof comes off liek im being unappreciative.

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy week by week

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Emmy on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM

well i think if i was 9 and my parents were splitting up, i would cry too, about everything.... nothing worse than feeling like your world is coming to an end.

freedomthinks
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM

wow     nice sister ! 

3kidz4me
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM

My God, he's only 9. Why are you so damn mean?

bigmommasmomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Quoting freedomthinks:

wow     nice sister ! 

swesolek6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

know what, i posted this fully knowing people were going to think i was being a bitch. i do know that no one knows the situation but me though, so im fine with that. i do look like im being a bitch because no one knows all the dirty little details other than me.

pregnancy week by week

swesolek6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

my parents split up when i was his age too. just for the record. so i do know what hes going through, and i still feel this way.

pregnancy week by week

mellissacook
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Does he know the details though? If not.. give the kid a break!

Quoting swesolek6:

know what, i posted this fully knowing people were going to think i was being a bitch. i do know that no one knows the situation but me though, so im fine with that. i do look like im being a bitch because no one knows all the dirty little details other than me.

KT9105
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

My best friend's a guy and cries at the drop of a hat.  But he's almost 30.  It's incredibly annoying and stupid. 

My youngest brother is emotional as well, but it has to be something super serious.  Like he cried when my parents told him they were moving him from his hometown halfway thru his JR year of HS, he was crushed for many reasons I won't go into.  It ended up working out in the end, but his initial reaction was to cry.

If he's crying over spilled milk and not something worth actually crying about tell him you will speak with him/deal with him when he decides to act like a 9 year old and not an infant.  He's old enough to understand that he cannot get everything he wants and cannot resort to guilting people into anything by crying.  If he's crying over a parent's divorce, illness, true sadness then be a good sister and be a shoulder for him, no matter how often he gets upset.

jenniepepsi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM

i think you did the right thing hon so no worries.

therzmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM

i have a 10 year old sister who is an ungrateful brat so i know exactly what ya mean

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)