Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Vent!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

WTH?!?! My sister is getting married in June...She is waiting for my dad to get R&R so he can walk her down the aisle. Okay that's fine..the thing that is pissing me off is that my parents didn't even come to my wedding. My dad didn't walk me down the aisle. NONE of my siblings came (the ones that lived at home still couldn't bc my parents wouldn't let them and the older two couldn't afford to come to KY for it) Anyway, I had 2 cousins and 2 aunts that came to my wedding,...that means I only had 4 people sitting on my side in church. I had to walk myself down the aisle...it was horrible. Dh and I paid for everything bc his parents couldn't help and my parents wouldn't.

Now my mom is on the bandwagon planning my sisters wedding and I feel extremely pissed!!! Where were they on my wedding day? Where were they when I was planning it? And to top it off my sister asked me to be the maid of honor...so I have to put on a happy face and not act like it is bothering me!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Have you talked to any of them to let them know you are upset about it?

MaxsLovingMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Why didn't your parents come to your wedding or allow your siblings to come? 

tginn20

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Have you talked to any of them to let them know you are upset about it?

No-it isn't something that I can just bring up..I will get all upset and it will turn into a blow out. I don't know what/ how to bring it up.

snoopy21276

First I love the name of your dd! Alysabeth.. sooo cute! Are there diffrent circumstances now that weren't there when you got married.. like were they unable to help out financialy.. were they against it in some way?? Families can be picky. .that sucks they missed it all your day...  perhaps now is a chance to vent to parents and figure out what they were thinking for not attending???

love_my_family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I feel your pain.  Not one person from my family came to my wedding.  They still don't have much to do with us.  My sister is only 17 though but I am sure my parents will support her with her wedding.  It is very upsetting.

tginn20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Quoting MaxsLovingMommy:

Why didn't your parents come to your wedding or allow your siblings to come? 

I got married when I was 19 and they didn't think I was old enough to get married..I had dated DH for 2 1/2 years. They ended up moving to CO from KY June of 05 (I got married Dec 05) and they were going to make me go w/ them. I had a job and was dating DH..so I got a place of my own and they didn't like it. They stopped talking to me and didn't come to my wedding.

carygrantfan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

i feel your pain and in your shoes would refuse to be the moh or even attend.  HOWEVER, if you like your sister and want to maintain a relationship with your family, you better be more mature than me. 

good luck.

tginn20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quoting snoopy21276:

First I love the name of your dd! Alysabeth.. sooo cute! Are there diffrent circumstances now that weren't there when you got married.. like were they unable to help out financialy.. were they against it in some way?? Families can be picky. .that sucks they missed it all your day...  perhaps now is a chance to vent to parents and figure out what they were thinking for not attending???

Thanks!! It is a mixture of my sister Alyssa's name with my little sister's middle name Elizabeth.

They were more than financially able to help..they were acting like children. They moved from CO to KY and when I didn't go with them (I had already graduated and had a job) they stopped talking to me. They moved in June 05 and I got married Dec 05

tginn20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Quoting carygrantfan:

i feel your pain and in your shoes would refuse to be the moh or even attend.  HOWEVER, if you like your sister and want to maintain a relationship with your family, you better be more mature than me. 

good luck.

That's the thing..she was supposed to be mine but my mom wouldn't let her come..I even offered to pay for her plane ticket..bought her dress EVERYTHING. It wasn't her fault...so she should have to feel how I felt ya know? It just sucks  ya know?

lilmama22806
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)