Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do YOU Do It???

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you put your laundry away once it is out of the dryer/off the clothes line?

Options:

fold and put away immediately

fold it and leave in the basket

leave in the dryer/on the clothes line until ready to be worn

throw in basket and put away immediately

throw in basket and leave it there until ready to be worn

other...explain please...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

I usually fold it in the basket and put it away within a day or so...

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

It would be a toss between the first and second choice for us, it depends on whatelse we have going on but it is always put up before we head to bed.

kryssiruss
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

75% of you do what i do, now i dont feel guilty! I do seprate it between mine,DH, DD, and DS but thats usually only how far it gets.

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I picked other. The goal is to fold it and put it away immediately...butblife gets in the way. I will bring it to my "folding spot" and then sometimes it may sit there for a few hours...or on accasion a day(eek). But thats never the goal.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I HATE folding and putting away clothes. So it usually sits in a basket until it gets worn. That's so bad. I know I should be ashamed, but I don't see it happening anytime soon :P

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I usually throw it on the bed or in a chair until I am ready to fold it and put it away.

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM

LOL. That's totally how I feel. I cannot stand to fold and put away clothes... It's the worst chore there is for me. I would rather scrub an entire bathroom than fold laundry. I have a huge hamper full right now that's sitting in the living room floor..I DO NOT want to fold it and put it away, but it's the kids clothes, and school starts back tomorrow, so I need to lay out their clothes for the week... UGH

Quoting usmclife58:

I HATE folding and putting away clothes. So it usually sits in a basket until it gets worn. That's so bad. I know I should be ashamed, but I don't see it happening anytime soon :P

Wshngstr1976

Laundry sucks...and it irritates my husband that I will wash them, and leave them in the basket. Sometimes I fold and separate but sometimes it takes me a while. I'm lazy when it comes to laundry.

CafeMom Tickers
DebW629

I have a rocking chair in my room that all the clean laundry goes on until it gets folded. Usually takes a few days to get to it.  I figure at least it's clean if anyone needs anything.  Once I have 4 or so loads to fold, I turn on a good show, fold the clothes on my bed, and then the kids put away their own things.

Debbie W. ~ "Happy to be Home With My Kids!!" 
DLWhite@aol.com  angel mini
www.thewhycircle.com/debwhite

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Sometimes I fold it as I take it out of the dryer, then allow each person to carry their own clothes to their own rooms. But there are times I just throw it in the basket and fold it after i finish all the washing and drying. If it is shirts, I don't want wrinkled. I fold those and lay them on top of the other clothes. 

EmoticonsEmoticons

youngmommy2be09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

this. unless its my DDs dresses then I hang them up really quick.

Quoting kk_bella:

I usually throw it on the bed or in a chair until I am ready to fold it and put it away.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)