Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 33 Replies

OMG! I am about to my whitts end and I need answers. My soon to be ex was abusive and an alcoholic. thats why i left. well i didnt talk to him for a long time and we decided we could be civil for Danes sake. Well now he has decided to be acomplete ASSHOLE. He is threatening to kill me tonight and is saying he is going to do whatever he can to get Dane. And he says Dane hates me and im an unfit mom. I have NEVER done anything that would constitute being unfit. I am a wonderful mother. I dont drink I dotn run around. I keep Dane safe, clean and taken care of. He actually said he was going to tell his lawyer that i was a Prostitute! WTF? I dont know what to do. He needs to go to counseling and AA to get off of alcohol. I want him to be clean before he sees Dane again but i know he is crazy enough that he would try to do something to me just to get Dane. he threatens that every time we fight. WHAT do i do? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

*Added info on page 4*

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Have documentation of his drinking and being abusive. Or threatening towards you, need all that for a good lawyer. Songs Like you might need to get a restraining order too. 

EmoticonsEmoticons

De_Chick
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Call the police and report that shit. Go stay somewhere safe like a women's shelter with your child. They can also help you with a restraining order and whatever else you might need help with legally. Good luck!

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

mom2dane07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Quoting De_Chick:

Call the police and report that shit. Go stay somewhere safe like a women's shelter with your child. They can also help you with a restraining order and whatever else you might need help with legally. Good luck!

i have my own place. he doesnt know where i live. so im safe here. He's such a pycho!

BirdyBelle
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM

WOW!  First thing, If he has threatened you or you son's life, get to a safe environment then work from there with documentation, etc.  Certainly, you can get a restraining order but it won't shield you from violence.  

mom2dane07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Quoting BirdyBelle:

WOW!  First thing, If he has threatened you or you son's life, get to a safe environment then work from there with documentation, etc.  Certainly, you can get a restraining order but it won't shield you from violence.  

i've hada restraining order and it ran out. i was going to get a permenant one but we decided not to if he signed the divorce papers. Now he is just being as bad if not worse as he was before

YesNoMaybe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I would record the phones calls.  Just tell him first - I am recording this call.   Save voicemail, e-mails or text - anything.  Document dates/times.  When you have enough - get a lawyer.  I would also file a restraining order.

De_Chick
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Okay..you still need to report it though. Anytime he threatens you, you need to report it because thats the only way his threats will even be considered in court battles. You cannot just keep your son away from him so you need proof of reasons you think he might not be responsible and trustworthy enough to have your son for visits. Call the police and have them to talk to him so its documented!

mom2dane07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Quoting YesNoMaybe:

I would record the phones calls.  Just tell him first - I am recording this call.   Save voicemail, e-mails or text - anything.  Document dates/times.  When you have enough - get a lawyer.  I would also file a restraining order.

'

I have a lawyer. I guess i will tell him tomorrow what all is going on and let him decide what we need to do. i just hate that Dane is around him like this. it scares me.

De_Chick
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Those aren't admissable in court. Even if a person is told its being recorded the judge usually does not allow it.

Quoting YesNoMaybe:

De_Chick
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Dane is with him now?

Quoting mom2dane07:

Quoting YesNoMaybe:

'

I have a lawyer. I guess i will tell him tomorrow what all is going on and let him decide what we need to do. i just hate that Dane is around him like this. it scares me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)