Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It was heartbreaking...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

I went to my Community College today to try to get into a "hands on" criminal justice course. I am currently online. Anyways I was standing out the office and this young women came in with her son. I would say she's maybe a little younger than me, fresh 18 maybe? Her son look maybe1, he was cruising but couldn't fully walk so whatever age that is. Anyways shes carrying him in on her hip then yanks him by the arm and sits him down on the floor, BY ONE ARM. Well I look at this little kid and his face is just COVERED in whatever. Yes I know children get dirty but he looked like he hadn't had a bath in weeks. His clothes were dirty, didn't match, were extremely large on him, and he had no shoes. Okay maybe she can't afford anything better, well this is the part that broke my heart. This little baby's head was almost completely flat in the back, like she laid him on his back when he was a baby and never moved him. I am sure your asking how did you see that? Well she had his head shaved (you could see the dark fuzz trying to come through) in the middle of winter and NO hat on him. Then she left him sitting out front the office and went in without him. Out walks the office lady who called me back..it took everything I had to walk back there. I just wanted to scoop him up and take him with me. I can't stop thinking about that little boy, I can't imagine what home is like for him.

I just needed to share that because it is really eating away at me.

crying

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaker104
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Awwwwww. The thought of it is making me cry. That's horrible! 

godsproperty07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

This is heart breaking. It is sooo sad to see little ones hurting in so many ways.  Praying for this little one and all the others that are hurting.

Treymama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Even if you can't afford decent clothes for your child. You can at least clean them up when they are dirty. I can't stand taking my son into public with a dirty face or whatever, ecspecially now that he is 4 and I let him dress himself, he looks poor sometimes lol, I always make sure his face is at least clean. That is sad though. The poor baby. Why would she just leave him there. At 1 years old, there is no way.

elaineashlina
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I don't know why she just left him there. Like she sat him down outside the door, walked in and let the door close behind her. I was like what the? It's like she didn't want to take him in with her. You can tell she didn't plan for him and in what I say it was like she didn't want him.
I wouldn't leave me child alone like that no matter what.

Quoting Treymama:

Even if you can't afford decent clothes for your child. You can at least clean them up when they are dirty. I can't stand taking my son into public with a dirty face or whatever, ecspecially now that he is 4 and I let him dress himself, he looks poor sometimes lol, I always make sure his face is at least clean. That is sad though. The poor baby. Why would she just leave him there. At 1 years old, there is no way.

MsDean
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Wow, noone said anything when she left the baby? When I have to go to school tot ake care of stuff I have to bring my kids with me and yes they go where I go. There is never any reason to leave a 1 yr old on the floor like that.

MaeHamMomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I agree, being poor (or not able to afford better/new clothes) is no excuse for being dirty.

I mean even if she does not have a washer and dryer she can hand wash the baby's clothes in the sink. No laundry soap? Use bath soap, it is better then nothing.

Heck even some of the homeless people I know find ways to wash their clothes. They will hand wash them in a public bathroom using the hand soap there.

I hope she was there to get into school and get her life together. And I hope things work out for her and her baby.  

BabyMommy_3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM

:( That's awful. That's what happens to baby's when they're laid on their back and never held...a flat head. Talk about neglect. I can't believe she left him out there alone. Poor little guy.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Quoting MsDean:

Wow, noone said anything when she left the baby? When I have to go to school tot ake care of stuff I have to bring my kids with me and yes they go where I go. There is never any reason to leave a 1 yr old on the floor like that.

lol same here! i mean, there's been days when i had to take my 4 year old to class with me- classes last 4 hours long! but damnit- he went there with me!

i wouldnt have really cared about the clothes. you should've seen my son tonight. its about 10 degrees outside, he wore swimshort that were bright yellow, a red to pink (like tie-dye type) shirt. he was wearing a coat tho, but only cuz he decided that it was "just a little cold" outside. but tore the coat off before we got into the store. but no shoes tho? thats sad. i hope the kid is alright.

theboyswon
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Poor baby.  Some kids are just screwed from birth. 

elaineashlina
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

No one even had the time to say anything, she came in sat him down and before I even realized it the door closed behind her, when they called me in I told the lady that he was out there and she said "okay I'll check into" and keep pushing me on through the door. I didn't really know what else to do. I have never be exposed to anything like this before. I was stunned.

Quoting MsDean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)