Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby is sick :-(

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  • 3 Replies

My poor baby is so sick... in the past 3-4 hours he has vomited everthing I have given him (breastmilk) he has also been tugging at his left ear...I called the nurses line and they said its probably just a virus, and if he's still not wetting his diaper and is still vommiting in the next few hours that I may need to take him to the er... ;-( I hate  it when my babies are sick ... anyone else have a sick baby tonight :-(

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Sounds like he could have an ear infection if he's tugging at his ear. 

CafeMom Tickersbunch of roses

stpalmsgirl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Oh poor baby I hope he feels better soon. If he keeps throwing up your breast milk try to feed him for only 1 or 2 minutes at a time wait about 20 to 30 min. and repeat maybe he can keep it down that way. Worked for my dd when she had rota virus.

Edit/: if he keeps tugging his ear try to put a few drops of breastmilk in there and see if it gets better. If he's in pain though I'd take him to the urgent care.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM

twice in the past couple hours I nursed him for like 2 minutes and he vomitted it all up :-( the nurse told me to try pedialyte a couple tablespoons at a time...dh is going to get some. I dont know if he has an ear infection or not but I will try putting some breastmilk in there...what will that do ? lol.

Quoting stpalmsgirl:

Oh poor baby I hope he feels better soon. If he keeps throwing up your breast milk try to feed him for only 1 or 2 minutes at a time wait about 20 to 30 min. and repeat maybe he can keep it down that way. Worked for my dd when she had rota virus.

Edit/: if he keeps tugging his ear try to put a few drops of breastmilk in there and see if it gets better. If he's in pain though I'd take him to the urgent care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)