Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M JEALOUS!!!!......Extreme Home Makeover

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

I need some kind words please,  I feel kinda crappy.....thanks

(or go ahead, call me a jealous baby..lol)

I just got done watching Extreme Home Makeover and im soooojealous! It was a family that lives very close to us (same city) and just like me she does in home daycare.

I dont even own our home! I wish I had a home, I am so worried about the future and my business.I love doing daycare and I so love my daycare children and their parents! We just signed a lease for two years, after that I dont know whats in store.I wish we could buy this house! And alot needs to be done! For instance, the whole upstairs is dedicated to the Daycare.We have no separate space.And our bedroom isnt even a bedroom! We dont even have a closet, we hang our clothes in the laundry room.I gave the other two bedrooms to my kids (not my fiances) and the other bedroom is for the playroom and thats where the babies sleep.Our bathtub barley fits me (and im not that big).I could do without a bathtub but my fiance has a bad back! When we first moved here he was on his back for a couple of months!Oh, I have a list! Despite all that, we are up to code and I keep a clean ship!I was very surprised at what I saw tonight! I dont know how her place passed the fire marshall's inspection and the County licensor! Im sure the county was not happy to see that on TV!

I dont want to quit Daycare!I love it, and I have never made this much money before.I was working as a Special Ed Para, but that wasnt enough to support us.I wanted to go to school, but no money, no time.It has been a struggle for me.For 11 years I was a single mother.I divorced my ex, and for a while had to go into hiding because he was abusive.Child support has not been paid on a regular basis and its at the poverty level.I have been working my ass off but just making ends meet. Now if I could just have a home of my own but that is so far away! I hate that my future is so uncertain!But I will keep on fighting.I so wish Extreme Home Makeover would buy this damn house! But I dont think they do that.Oh well.

I just had to get that off my chest...thanks

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tigerlillyt7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM
bump
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM

i'm pretty sure you have to own your own home to qualify :(

sorry :(

CafeMom Tickers

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

De_Chick
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I don't really know what to tell you except that you probably aren't alone as I'm sure there are tons of people out there who watch that show and wish they could have the same. Is your home for sale? Maybe you could talk the landlord into doing a land contract with you or something.

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

tigerlillyt7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM

That could be a possiblility...I really dont know all that is involved and he is kinda stupid..not to be mean.(long story) Plus there is so much to do to this place, if we could, we are not sure if we want to!

Quoting De_Chick:

I don't really know what to tell you except that you probably aren't alone as I'm sure there are tons of people out there who watch that show and wish they could have the same. Is your home for sale? Maybe you could talk the landlord into doing a land contract with you or something.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I know, I wish I could have what those families get, but we don't own a house either, we rent, but I can't say we have it all that bad.  I wonder though how the families can afford the taxes on all the stuff, because yeah they get a whole new home and all that lovely stuff, but they have to pay the taxes on all their new stuff.

lbdm2002
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

but remember..just because they fix up the house..they don't always pay it off.  So not only are you still responsible for your mortgage..but now your property taxes are going to SKYROCKET!  There was an article a few weeks ago about how many people have had to sell their houses because they couldn't afford the upkeep...taxes, utilities, etc. on them.  It doesn't always end up being in the family's best interest to get their house redone.

tigerlillyt7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM

yep, I wonder that too! The lady who got her makeover tonight wasnt that extreme.I think thats why they gave her a car and $50,000.I just want the house and some minor fixes!I know thats not going to happen

Quoting Cherish77:

I know, I wish I could have what those families get, but we don't own a house either, we rent, but I can't say we have it all that bad.  I wonder though how the families can afford the taxes on all the stuff, because yeah they get a whole new home and all that lovely stuff, but they have to pay the taxes on all their new stuff.

tigerlillyt7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM

well, I pay $1,200 a month for rent.I would hope it wouldnt be any more than that! Maybe Idk.I dont own a house, I have never paid those kind of taxes, so IDK

Quoting lbdm2002:

but remember..just because they fix up the house..they don't always pay it off.  So not only are you still responsible for your mortgage..but now your property taxes are going to SKYROCKET!  There was an article a few weeks ago about how many people have had to sell their houses because they couldn't afford the upkeep...taxes, utilities, etc. on them.  It doesn't always end up being in the family's best interest to get their house redone.

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Are you talking about the one done in Erie? Thats where I live and even though I believe the woman deserved to win, remodeling in that neighborhood was completely idiotic.  

tigerlillyt7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:07 PM

No, St.Paul MN

Quoting Trotterswife:

Are you talking about the one done in Erie? Thats where I live and even though I believe the woman deserved to win, remodeling in that neighborhood was completely idiotic.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)