Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Your Help Now.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm arguing with my stepson about why I refuse to give my daughter a bottle when I put her to bed and he says he gives her one all the time when he puts her to bed. My question is Why shouldn't you give them a bottle at bedtime? Doesn't it create a bad habit about needing a bottle? And doesn't it also rot their teeth or something? My cousin's two kids just had to have all their teeth fixed because of sleeping with a bottle! Please help me get it into his head why he should not be doing this!

baby
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yayay15
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

My second son had bottles until he was one and I always gave him one before bed.  I don't see why you can't give them one before bed.  Letting them sleep with one is bad b/c yes that creates habits and can also ruin their teeth but giving them one before they go to sleep should be just fine.  If they have teeth you just have to brush their teeth afterward.

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

TOOTH DECAY & choking hazard, baby can spit up while sucking in sleep and bottle will cause pooling in the mouth.

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Sorry I guess I should have specified. He lays her in bed with the bottle and turns out the light so she can go to sleep WITH the bottle.

Quoting yayay15:

My second son had bottles until he was one and I always gave him one before bed.  I don't see why you can't give them one before bed.  Letting them sleep with one is bad b/c yes that creates habits and can also ruin their teeth but giving them one before they go to sleep should be just fine.  If they have teeth you just have to brush their teeth afterward.

Angee3Monkeys

Yes, it can cause baby bottle tooth decay. The milk will just sit in there mouth and it can decay there teeth. 

KT9105

Because you're the mommy and he's not.  Why does he think this is any of his concern?

And as far as I understand, yes it's very bad for their teeth to give them juice/formula/milk in a bottle to take with them to bed.

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM

He wont listen to me about it because I'm just the stepmom and he argues with his dad about it because he's a stupid 19 year old who thinks he has all the answers. Although I cant say much because I'm not much older lol.

Quoting KT9105:

Because you're the mommy and he's not.  Why does he think this is any of his concern?

And as far as I understand, yes it's very bad for their teeth to give them juice/formula/milk in a bottle to take with them to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)