Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can a 3 y/o do in 1 hour while you're in bed??

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 226 Replies

Ok...my 3 y/o came out of his room this morning, with his 2 y/o brother which just started rooming with him last week. I had a post a few days ago about how I thought my 3 y/o was out of control...well here is my evidence.  I had a child proof door knob cover on the inside of his room, well he learned how to use it and started coming to wake us up when he woke up....well this time he decided not to!  This is what my Dh and I woke up to this morning, this could have been really dangerous and we took measure's today to keep it from happening again.  It is about 2.5 minutes long.....there isn't really talking but there is one part where you might hear my Dh cussing, sorry! (oh and we know he was up for at least 1 hr and 15 minutes b/c he got ahold of my video camera and it recorded at 6:25 this morning...I didn't wake until 7:40!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgPHE78TEJ4 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

OMG, I think I would have went back to bed hahaha. What was all that white stuff?

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

MarchMarie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

WOW.

so what did you do to make sure it doesnt happen again?

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

amazing what kids can do in an hour, huh.  I have gone through 2 lbs of butter and 3 dozen eggs, my walls are all written on, so much done in minutes of time.  Maybe you will have to put one of those door moniters that makes noises when the kids opens their door, so you can catch them before they make the mess?

imechard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

That is why we have the monitor on still, no roaming monkeys in my house

Michelle2080
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM

several bottles of baby lotion, powder, nail polish remover, mylecon, 2 bottle of antibac hand sanitizer, A&D ointment diaper rash cream...the list goes on. It was much worse in person. He also colored on the counter tops and on the tile. He even climbed the counter and got Capri Suns off the top of the fridge and drank them and left his trash in the floor!!! It was awful, took us 1.5 hours to clean everything up!

Quoting cmb121906:

OMG, I think I would have went back to bed hahaha. What was all that white stuff?

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM

dang.

How did you not hear him make that mess? LOL.

I don't think he is out of control ( i never saw your last post) to me that looks like a mess any unsupervised 3 year old would make.

Michelle2080
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM

To the one poster...we do still use a monitor! He is sneakY!!   We put a knew door knob on his door with a lock and the lock is on the outside. We also put knobs on our cabinets so that we can use child safety locks on them (upper cabinets only, the lower cabinets we have regular door safety latches)

Quoting MarchMarie:

WOW.

so what did you do to make sure it doesnt happen again?

cmb121906

Holy shit!! I would have probably sat there and cried. Did you punish him?

Quoting Michelle2080:

several bottles of baby lotion, powder, nail polish remover, mylecon, 2 bottle of antibac hand sanitizer, A&D ointment diaper rash cream...the list goes on. It was much worse in person. He also colored on the counter tops and on the tile. He even climbed the counter and got Capri Suns off the top of the fridge and drank them and left his trash in the floor!!! It was awful, took us 1.5 hours to clean everything up!

Quoting cmb121906:

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

omgamomie

Who was talking at the end of the video?

psychmama

Holy crap mama!! That is insane.

I must be lucky, my DD loves her crib. Absolutely loves it. She has never tried to climb out of it and she is 25 months.

Maybe leave the door open but put a baby gate there?? And if he climbs over one, maybe put two???

Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)