Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

animal cruelty

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

what do you think about animal cruelty?  do you ignore it, fight against it, hate it but do nothing about it?  do you know someone who is cruel to animals but don't report it?

do you plan on teaching your children about animal cruelty?  what do you plan on teaching them?  even if you don't like animals, will you still teach your children compassion towards animals?

everyday 1 out of 600 pit bulls find a forever home. the other 599 die in shelters. that means, 599 pit bulls are killed every single day. SAVE a pit bull, EUTHANIZE a breeder.
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I HATE IT!! I HATE IT WITH PASSION!!!!

I would do something about it. Never had the chance to or the opportunity. Well I dontated food to the local shelter.Our dog we have was found 2 years ago in our yard wandering around and we kept him. I told my dh that this dog is NOT going to the shelter!

Whenever I start working I will  donate money to shelters and other organisations.

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM

It is disgusting and if I seen it happening or new it was happening I would definitely turn it in. and my children already know that it is wrong to abuse animals and i know they would never hurt one intentionally. 

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM

You know where I stand :)

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Fight it, report it, do what I can to help. I HATE to see it. My kids know all about compassion and cruelty to animals. We have rescued 2- 3 legged labs, one was severely neglected. It drives me INSANE to know the torture she had to endure.

PROUD RESCUE PARENT OF 2 TRI-PAWED LABS WWW.MYSPACE.COM/POGOTHE3LEGGEDLAB

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I am active in fighting animal crulety in my area.  We're in the county and no one cares what happens to animals out here, they care even less if its a dog or cat.  I have reported people and watched nothing happen and because of that there have been a few times I've actually gone and removed the animal myself.  Sorry, but I can't watch a 5 wk old puppy sit outside in 30 degree weather with no food, water, or shelter for days on end, nor can I sit by and watch a dog wither away while it's owners don't feed it kick it every time they walk by it.  One asshole out here allowed his dogs to breed and then left the female tied up outside to have the puppies in middle of the summer when we were have triple digit temps, the puppies crawled out of moms reach and couldn't make it back to her and actually baked, it was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life.  My son is only 2 and knows how to treat animals better than most adults, he's helped me with numerous rescues.  Dh and I are also big on fighting BSL and are also big on breed awareness, we had to give up our pitties because they are banned on military bases, and because of where we will be going next and finances we will have to live on base.  Such BS and ignorance.  wow, didn't mean to vent that much lol.

Pregnancy%20ticker
KT9105
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

My children will know to be kind to all creatures, especially innocent animals who have no malice whatsoever.  I do no tolerate it, and have warned my white trash piece of shit neighbors ONE TIME to take care of their dog or I will call the cops on them (poor dog was outside in a crate for God knows how long in 110 degree heat this summer).  Next time they will get no warning.  Turns out my "uncle" Arthur (family friend) is a trainer for the local police dept and I've already talked to him about them.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM

=bump

Elijahsmommy9
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM

You know my stand as well ;)

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! I was just talking to my husband about this today. It makes me crazy mad to think there are innocent animals being abused and neglected by horrible cruel people who should be in jail! Ugh, I can't stand it! I would love to help but I'm not really sure how, or where to start. I don't have any money to donate at this time, if I did believe me I would. If I saw an animal that was abused or neglected I would not ignore it, I would call (ASPCA?) and if they didn't do anything I would do like a previous person said and go take the animal myself. I could never live with myself if I saw that and walked away without doing anything. I have always taught my children about treating animals with compassion, and I haven't yet but I plan to talk to them about the fact that there are bad people who hurt animals and those animals need help and need to be rescued.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM

:-) yes, thank god for people like us.

i don't usually do the whole "community service" thing at the humane society.  they don't show up, don't do what they are supposed to, and it's just a hassle.  but i got a call today from a judge who's a personal friend of mine asking me if i'd help out this kid.  won't go into details, but bottom line, abused a dog, dog died, he got caught, the rest history, whatever.  i'm like "sure, send him on over."  thinking great, now i get to deal with this wanna be punk ass kid, who did something that absolutely makes me want to puke.  the kid is so NOT what i was expecting.  calm, mild mannered, polite, shy, quiet...guess, the old saying rules...you gotta watch out for the quiet ones.

but it made me wonder....what is it that makes children do these things?  are the parents just oblivious, do they not teach their kids, are the parents abusing animals in the home and the kids think it's ok, peer pressure, attention seeking?  idk, it just made me really curious why a child would want or even get the idea to do something so utterly cruel.

thus the reason for the questions.  it's a real problem, and i think it deserves some attention from all parents.

Quoting Elijahsmommy9:

You know my stand as well ;)

everyday 1 out of 600 pit bulls find a forever home. the other 599 die in shelters. that means, 599 pit bulls are killed every single day. SAVE a pit bull, EUTHANIZE a breeder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)