Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know..

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

What are some acitivites I could do daily with my kids (ages 5,2, and 1) for cheap and is fun?

I'm trying to come up with ideas and of course I figured to ask mommas to see what they do with their kids for fun =)

So far I have..(subject to change also) and also this is just ONE activity I'd like to accomplish during the day..

• Coloring
  • Painting
  • Making fun stuff like cookies
  • "Treasure Hunts" around the house (more for my oldest)
  • Driving scavenger hunts (like who can find a dog, duck, bird..etc)
  • Storytime (kinda like circle time like they do in school, oldest starts school this up coming year so I want to "show" him before hand)
  • Going to the gym (they have a big kid's play area and they can run out their energy since its too cold outside)
  • Going to our local Children's Museum
  • Song-time (learn new songs)

So anyone have anything else?

air force

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

BUMP!

air force

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Sorry momma, I'm having a complete brain fart right now.  Here's a bump for when I can think lol.

Pregnancy%20ticker
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM

lol yeah thats why I asked! I was trying to think of things and couldn't think of anything to save my life! LOL

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Sorry momma, I'm having a complete brain fart right now.  Here's a bump for when I can think lol.

air force

Trotterswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM
  • card games, such as memory, go fish, etc
  • board games like, chutes and ladders, hungry hungry hippos
  • "write" a story... have them draw a picture and them you put the captions at the bottom creating their own story, staple pages together.
  • sorting objects by size, color, shape
  • puzzles, my 4yr old puts together 100 piece puzzles (something he loves to do)
  • spell out words with magnet letters
  • make beaded jewlry
  • get a childs cross stitch kit
  • Make your own crayons (keep the teeny pieces and melt all together)
  • feel whats in the box, put a bunch of small items in a kleenex box, have them reach in and feel something without looking and try to guess what it is before pulling out.

Thats all I can think of for now, I use to teach Pre-k and thats the things we did with 3 to 5 yr olds. Also things I do at home with my kids age 6 and 4

momgirlsx2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

We do board and card games. We play board games like memory, candy land, and card games like go fish, and memory. We sometimes need a physical game and we'll sort of play indoor soccer with a balloon (so that nothing gets broken!). 

Proud mom of 2 girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)