Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you take it seriously?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Dental hygeine, that is. Do you brush multiple times a day? Floss? Mouthwash?

I, for one, can't function unless I brush my teeth.

I hate yuck mouth.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and use mouthwash but that is as far as it goes. Flossing freaks me out. I hate it.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM

oh gosh yes, there's nothing worse then fuzzy teeth. 

haven't had a cavity in about 10 years, and i've only had one my whole life. 

everyday 1 out of 600 pit bulls find a forever home. the other 599 die in shelters. that means, 599 pit bulls are killed every single day. SAVE a pit bull, EUTHANIZE a breeder.
KT9105
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Very seriously.  I do not go to the dentist though, but I take very very good care of my teeth. 

Mickiamommyof4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM

only my bottom teeth are bad

the top ones are still  purdy

Sagely
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Personally, I think a huge part of dental health is genetic.

I'll be honest, I take really crappy care of my teeth.  I'd say 3-5 nights a year...I go to bed without brushing (never skip a morning though).  I really only floss when there's something stuck in my teeth (that I can feel).

I've never had a cavity, never had gum disease.  My teeth are straight, close to white, and my breath only stinks when I first wake up or right after I eat something stinky.

Yet I know people who are almost OCD with their dental hygeine...carrying toothbrushes and toothpaste with them everywhere, flossing at least 1-2x a day, doing the mouthwash thing, and even have special tools and what-not for extensive cleaning...

And they get the cavities and gum disease what seems like every year, sometimes several times a year.

I guess it's kinda like metabolism.  Some people can live off McDonalds and never gain an ounce.  Others look at a head of lettuce and gain 16 pounds.

stacyemmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I never floss...I know bad I hear it everyday as my mom is a dental hygentist but I can't stand to floss or have my teeth flossed its like torture! But I brush atleast once and use mouthwash atleast twice. I also chew sugar free gum like all day.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Sagely
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM

So is my mom!  We get toothbrushes and floss every Christmas.  And then sometimes at random.  I have enough floss to create a blanket.

Quoting stacyemmy:

I never floss...I know bad I hear it everyday as my mom is a dental hygentist but I can't stand to floss or have my teeth flossed its like torture! But I brush atleast once and use mouthwash atleast twice. I also chew sugar free gum like all day.

Aislinn
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I brush twice a day and floss every day.

CVislosky
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I brush several times a day. I floss and mouth wash at least once a day.

DigiScrapperMom
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I brush once a day, sometimes twice, never floss, get cleanings twice a year, and haven't had any teeth problems for several years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)