Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

paxil (sp)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

im talking about the prescription im not sure what all it is for but i guess the thing on tv about it now is if you have ever taken it it could pass heart and lung problems to your kids well dh was on it for mood swings when he was younger and he was asking me if that was true for me as well so i was wondering if any of you knew if a man took it when he was younger then grew up had kids could they pass through the sperm and cause problems for the kids?

come one come all join in the fun!!!!! we would love to have you!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommam58122
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

bump anyone?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I'm not for sure but I would not recommend Paxil...  I had a horrible experience with Paxil when I was in High School.  It made me very depressed *worse than I was before taking it* not to mention made me like zombie.  I also got suicidal from taking it.  Since I stopped taking it i've even seen commercials (law firm commercials) regarding it saying 'If your loved one committed suicide from taking Paxil please call XXX' so yeah I wouldn't recommend it and I would suggest taking something else.  I know medicine has a different effect on different people.  I have a uncle who takes it and didn't have issues but my experience was a bad one so I unfortunately can not give you anything positive about it.. 

mommam58122
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM

no lol he's not on it now he was on it when he was younger. i guess the commerical was saying that if you have ever been on it then it can cause heart and lung problems for your kids. so his question was do u think that it would only pass that way through the mother and could it pass like that through the sperm as well? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)