Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you want it cheap and dirty?????

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

Lol, catchy title if I do say so myself :-)

But it is relevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I posted my wedding dress on Ebay as some of you know, I had pics of it on here a few days ago but it got deleted by admin.

So, I didn't have the dress cleaned after I wore it. and the bottom drug the ground, so yes, it will need cleaned by whoever buys it. It is not technically dirty..... But when I buy clothes I wash them before I wear them ANYWAY.

I put in the listing that it would probably need to be sized and cleaned of course, just like any other formal wear.........But people are sending me messages asking if the underarms are stained etc..... and no one has bid on it yet.

So, I guess my question is....should I just have it cleaned and then relist it as mint condition and raise the price?

Would you rather buy something that was cheap and dirty or more expensive and cleaned(but you're probably gonna wanna clean it anyway right?)???

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juliekat23
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Even if I were to wash it after buying (which I do) I would still be more likely to bid if it were cleaned first.  What if the bottom is stained and won't come clean?  The buyer would want to know beforehand!

Good Luck.

CafeMom Tickers

michelle121003

Just get it cleaned...it would make it so much more appealing...to someone like me anyway. 

Why was post deleted before? 

mstnbecki

I think I would want it cleaned. 

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Quoting michelle121003:

Just get it cleaned...it would make it so much more appealing...to someone like me anyway. 

Why was post deleted before? 

it was deleted because it looked to much like an ad.......like I was trying to sell it on here

ready_for2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM

i would want it clean, whether i was going to re-clean it or not

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM

oh, and the reason why I haven't gotten it cleaned is because I don't have a dime to my name. which is why I'm selling it in the first place. I've been looking around my house all weekend for things I could possibly sell so I can pay my heating bill 

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Quoting ready_for2:

i would want it clean, whether i was going to re-clean it or not

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

well crap, so it's just not acceptable at all to not have it cleaned? This is the first thing that I have ever sold on ebay 

Mickiamommyof4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

i see what you mean about the your just gonna clean it before you wear it..

but have you ever been to a yard sale? would you want to buy their clothes even if they are dirty..your gonna wash them anyways..no..its like buying someones dirty laundry and how do we know the dirty isn't stained?

that might help you understand people's thinking

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Jennifer63080:

well crap, so it's just not acceptable at all to not have it cleaned? This is the first thing that I have ever sold on ebay 

Ahhh have it cleaned hon. A wedding dress is (supposedly, lol) once in a lifetime purchase, and I personally wouldn't want a 'used' one, and certainly not a dirty one. Just clean it and have it boxed up nice!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)