Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Horrible video

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was at youtube lookg at guinea pig vidoes (because i have one now) and stumbled upon someone feeding their snake a 1-2 year old guinea pig. THey claim the pet store was selling thjem as feeder guinea pigs. I about cried. Its completey horrible and i stopped watching it before the snake even ate him but by the comments this video is nasty and apparently he laughs when it happens. He also has others of him feeding his snake other things like rabbits.

Now i know snakes got to eat but this person appears to only do it for the enjoyment it brings him.

Sick and sad..our guinea pig is so sweet and i can't imagine doing that to him with him not even standing a chance.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I'm not going to watch that.

But, if you think it is sooo horrible, why did you post it for others to see?

Nzumbe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM

He has Vorarephilia. 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Honestly whats the diff between that rodant and another? A rat is no diff to feed them than that. He feeding a pet he loves so why should he take pitty on its food?

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Honestly whats the diff between that rodant and another? A rat is no diff to feed them than that. He feeding a pet he loves so why should he take pitty on its food?

I'm not going to watch the video to see but its the way this guy feeds his snake. I guess the snake can't even eat it like he can a rat. I'm not the only one who saw a problem with it as many comments on that video had issues with how this man fed his snake this guinea pig.

As far as the first poster goes i tookthe video link out while you were posting because i didn't want to give this guy more views. Apparently you saw the link while i was editing.

CassSpade
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I haven't seen it, but some people are raised where that kind of stuff is normal. I grew up watching my grandma snap her chicken's necks and toss them in a pile for dinners.. she also had to snap the necks of the baby chickens who limped or were runts b/c they would get pecked to death if they were thrown in a coop with normal chickens. I've also watched her cut off the head of snakes with a shovel. When I was little, we had a pig named "Max". I loved him and ate outside with him.. eventually we ate him. I wasn't sad or upset.. I knew that it was what he was for. Just sayin.. some people just aren't emotionally connected to animals like you are. 

Photobucket

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

My sister in law breeds their 15 snakes. They can eat a GP no diff then a rat. That was either an albino contricter or python both that get rather large and can eat full grown rabbits just like my sisters in laws snakes eat. It is NO diff except people think of rats as nasty and dirty and the other ones as cute furry pets and there is no diff.

Quoting alexhuntercody:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

I'm not going to watch the video to see but its the way this guy feeds his snake. I guess the snake can't even eat it like he can a rat. I'm not the only one who saw a problem with it as many comments on that video had issues with how this man fed his snake this guinea pig.

As far as the first poster goes i tookthe video link out while you were posting because i didn't want to give this guy more views. Apparently you saw the link while i was editing.

sunbeamdream03
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM

People in South America eat guinea pigs. Some countries in Asia eat dogs. People see animals in different ways. Different strokes for different folks. How is a guinea pig different than feeding a snake a mouse/rat?

15children
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I believe you, but for her to say the pet store sold her the guinea pigs as feeders is TOTAL  B.S.  I wish I could find that lousy video !!  I have owned pythons &  boa's.  The pet store have frozen mice, already dead.  In a bag, stick it in the freezer ( don't think about'em being  dead, frozen mice in the freezer w/ other food .)  When it's time to feed your snake, take 1 or 2 out, thaw'em out and Presto.......dinner for a snake.

Guinea pigs !  She has GOT to be kidding me.  We have had tons of guinea pigs and they are the cutest little things.  A DECENT pet store would NEVER ,EVER  knowingly sell a guinea pig for snake feeding purposes.  How horrible.  I'd like to " clean this ladies clock !"    ( I had 4 foot pythons, BTW.)  Granted - maybe this snake was a big boy & needed a bigger meal--- but honest to gawd~~~~ a guinea pig !!!

Nzumbe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

The difference is that he is getting enough enjoyment out of it that he feels the need to video tape it on several occasions and post it on the internet.  Chances are he either knowingly or unknowingly has Vorarephilia.  Which is when someone gets sexual gratification from watching something else eat.  Usually a large amount.

These people typically don't actually care about their animals.  They try and feed their snakes food that is much larger than they can handle because they like watching it.  Not because it's good for the snake. 

I haven't seen the video but I'm willing to bet that guinea was too big for that snake.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

For someone who has had snake you should also know some snakes wont eat dead animals and will only eat the live ones and the larger the get the larger the prey they will want and need. There is NO diff between feeding it a live rat and a live gp. the only diff is a person view of them being cute and pet like and rats being nasty and nothing but food.

Quoting 15children:

I believe you, but for her to say the pet store sold her the guinea pigs as feeders is TOTAL  B.S.  I wish I could find that lousy video !!  I have owned pythons &  boa's.  The pet store have frozen mice, already dead.  In a bag, stick it in the freezer ( don't think about'em being  dead, frozen mice in the freezer w/ other food .)  When it's time to feed your snake, take 1 or 2 out, thaw'em out and Presto.......dinner for a snake.

Guinea pigs !  She has GOT to be kidding me.  We have had tons of guinea pigs and they are the cutest little things.  A DECENT pet store would NEVER ,EVER  knowingly sell a guinea pig for snake feeding purposes.  How horrible.  I'd like to " clean this ladies clock !"    ( I had 4 foot pythons, BTW.)  Granted - maybe this snake was a big boy & needed a bigger meal--- but honest to gawd~~~~ a guinea pig !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)