Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertising your group/s question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

Are you allowed to advertise your group/s on Newcomers, and if not is there a group where everyone joins that you are allowed to? EVERYONE who joins Cafemom joins Newcomers so it there another group EVERYONE joins that allowes you to post your group/s? 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstnbecki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Ok after rereading the rules to newcomers I found out you can not advertise your groups here however can someone still answer the second part of my question? thanks 

youngmommy2be09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I dont think there is.

You can make a group siggy and post on alot of posts in newcomers. ITs like advertising your group. Just try to get on the first page so people see your siggy!

Photobucket

greenie63
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Kind of like my siggy if this helps OP.

Quoting youngmommy2be09:

I dont think there is.

You can make a group siggy and post on alot of posts in newcomers. ITs like advertising your group. Just try to get on the first page so people see your siggy!

Are you over 40 and want to chat with mom's in your age range? Join us here!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107577

youngmommy2be09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM

ya like that one. lol.

Thanks for the example!

Quoting greenie63:

Kind of like my siggy if this helps OP.

Quoting youngmommy2be09:

I dont think there is.

Photobucket

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

So you are allowed to in the form of a siggy? 

greenie63
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

lol yep. that just looks painful  lol

Quoting mstnbecki:

So you are allowed to in the form of a siggy? 

petersgal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I WISH there was a group like that ;)

but the only posts you would see is "try my group"! "I have the best group"!  "Check this out"!

lol

don't forget though... as a group owner you can "promote" your group on the "groups seeking members" board (there is a link in red from your group owners page on the left hand side of the screen)

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Quoting petersgal:

but the only posts you would see is "try my group"! "I have the best group"!  "Check this out"!

lol

don't forget though... as a group owner you can "promote" your group on the "groups seeking members" board (there is a link in red from your group owners page on the left hand side of the screen)

Yea but I dont understand how to do it, ive tried.

petersgal
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Its easy... click the "promote your group" button in the red group owner control area of your group.  Type  a message about your group, and why they should join.  Put a link to your group in the text somewhere, then hit post.  

If you go to "find a group" there is a link to the "groups seeking members" message board (where you just promoted your group).  You can see all the groups posting their messages there (including yours)

Quoting mstnbecki:

Quoting petersgal:

lol

Yea but I dont understand how to do it, ive tried.

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

RheaF
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM

No your not... but you can put it in your siggy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)