Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I HATE parents like this....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have known this girl since high school, we are not really friends anymore but still talk sometimes because we have mutual friends. anyway she has 2 kids 2 different dads. neither dad even knows about their kids (her choice). yet she wants to complain that she get no help with her kids. yet she lives with her mom works part time only makes $100/week. does not want to work more; in her words to me tonight because it will take time away from her new boyfriend, who has 2 kids he don't take care of. She also told me tonight she hasn't  seen her kids since Christmas morning because she has been staying at her boyfriends house and her kids have been with her mom. All I can say is I know her mom and would never leave her alone with my kids for 2 min. but i guess they are better off with her then their irresponsible mom. RRRRR parents like that just frustrate me. I feel so bas for those kids as her oldest is 2 years older than my oldest and keeps failing so they are in the same grade and is in danger of failing again. It's so sad really, I really feel bad for those kids. another friend wants to call CPS but I don't think they are abused or neglected ( as in being left alone, but by their mom yes) They are taken care of just not by her. anyway I just had to vent.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haileysmama05
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM

i too hate moms like that! I can't stand that they just up & leave their kids!

CafeMom Tickers

Sagely
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I don't believe it classifies as abuse or neglect as long as the children are supervised by someone who's mentally competent.

BUT...I don't know.  Part of me, because the situation does seem to have a negative impact on the kids, would call anyway, just to get them to show up.  Maybe give them a little scare to straighten up?

Situations like that are so heartbreaking.

petersgal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

If the child keeps failing school b/c of lack of parental support and supervision, at some point, the teacher might get someone involved

I know a child that had that happen... mom and dad were too wrapped up in their own lives to pay attention to him, and he failed one year of 1st grade and was in danger of failing for the second time, and the teacher and principal called someone that got CPS involved

They figured it was neglect (although not quite abuse, the child was definately ignored)

What a horrible mom though. I couldn't imagine ignoring my child like that

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

mysti26
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Quoting petersgal:

If the child keeps failing school b/c of lack of parental support and supervision, at some point, the teacher might get someone involved

I know a child that had that happen... mom and dad were too wrapped up in their own lives to pay attention to him, and he failed one year of 1st grade and was in danger of failing for the second time, and the teacher and principal called someone that got CPS involved

They figured it was neglect (although not quite abuse, the child was definately ignored)

What a horrible mom though. I couldn't imagine ignoring my child like that

I never thought of that I just feel so bad for the kids. especially when my daughter is teaching her son math and he says "why can't I be smart like Raven?" It sad I tell him you are you just need practice. It breaks my heart for her to not give her kids the best possible start in life

NessaLovesEmma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM

That's sad. Poor kids.

cuddlebunnymom
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Poor kiddos.  Bad momma!!!

babybee2007
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM

All I can say is...  I feel extremely sorry for her kids. :-(  They deserve much better than that.

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared... with another on the way!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (D1Be)

HungarianQueen
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:59 AM

That reminds me of the Casey Anthony Case where she supposedly killed her 2yo DD bc she wanted to party and be with her BF more.  Not that your friend would kill her children.. just the wanting to be with the BF so much more than the kids.

So sad.

mysti26
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Quoting HungarianQueen:

That reminds me of the Casey Anthony Case where she supposedly killed her 2yo DD bc she wanted to party and be with her BF more.  Not that your friend would kill her children.. just the wanting to be with the BF so much more than the kids.

So sad.

Thats what my husband said. We also don't think she would either but yeah she pushes them away for her BF

gummybearmom
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM

and this is why i am all for mandatory sterilization.  the truly sad part is - this idiot will probably end up having another kid, probably with this current, child neglecting boyfriend.  wonderful cycle.  those kids will end up in the same dark hole their mother can't even realize she's living in.  this just makes me cry.  some people should never have children and i wish they would realize it before they bring a life into the world they are just going to destroy. 

~May the Moon Light your Path and the Stars be your Guide~

Gummy Bear Mom (Jessica)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)