Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE A PAPSMEAR OR MAMMOGRAM?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

IMbad its been 3 years all tests were good but im scared it cold have changed and i  hVE JUST TURNED OLD ENOUGH FOR MAMMOGRAM BUT HAVENT GOTTON IT YET

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmy3babs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I am bad too. I get mine about every 2 yrs or so. Never had a mammogram though.

DigiScrapperMom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I'm 34. I get a pap smear once every year.  I had a mammogram when I was 29 or 30 because I had a lump.  Really, the mammogram is not bad at all.

mommybug77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

pap every year. i go on wednesday

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I have an awesome nurse midwife and she has told me that since I am in a monogamous relationship, have been for the past 15 years and especially since neither of us have ever had another partner that I can go 2-3 years between paps..

I am not "old" enough for mammograms yet and never had any breast health issues THANKFULLY.

PreggoPebbles
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I haven't had any mammograms... I'm just about to turn 22, so it'll be a while yet.  But I've had a pap done every year since I was pregnant with my first.  But, that's only three... still, I'm pretty determined to make myself keep up with going to the doc every year for one.

begamom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

pap every year, but I have HPV and have had some abnormal paps before...

boyd-family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I cry every time I get a pap done. It is the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me, before I got pregnant I hadn't had one in about 4 yrs.  

CafeMom Tickers
mae_01_sw
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I never miss a pap. I get one yearly. My doc basically threatened me not to miss one, lol, since I have a history of bad paps. Never had a mammo yet though. 

judybant
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM

every year for both. And a mammogram hurts WAY less than a 3 year old elbow to the boob as they try to muscle into bed with you...

lillynbraedyn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM

i get a papsmear every year but i think im to young to have a mamogram 

Mommy 2 Braedyn Michael & Lilly Ruth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)