Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just let me eat my dinner and nurse..............

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM
  • 35 Replies

Some people have some nerve!!!

I was so annoyed today at Ruby Tuesdays when went out for supper.  It is a nonfancy family resturant.  Were sat down with our 3 girls.  The older girls were very good right from the start but the ladies at the table behind us instantly starting bickering about sitting by kids.  They went as far as to say we were irresponsible parents for having the girls out late instead of cooking them dinner and having them in bed.  It was  7:00- a little on the late side, but we had a late lunch and long late naps. They were bickering it loudly so I could hear them.   But, I just ignored it as best as possible.  

So, then when Molly cried I picked her up and covering up with my blanket as best as i could since she does not like her head covered began breastfeeding her.  But, you could see no nipple at all.   So, then one of the ladies, taps me and says,"You should really do that somewhere else, it is rude and it is disterbing to me to see that when I am eating." WTH! I looked at her and nicely said, "I am sorry you feel that way, but I do not think it is rude to feed my baby, she needs to eat like you do."  then I said, "if you do not like it, do not look at me"  To which she fumed AND SHE SEEMS TO BIG FOR THAT ANYWAY!  She is 6 months! "So I nicely said, The american pediatric association recomend nursing till a year!  To which she said, "That is sick!" By this point I was done! I looked at her said, " I am done with this conversation, if you have a problem please ask the waitress to move you to a different table, but nit is illegal for any bussiness to tell me I can not nurse in public, so I will be continuing to feed my baby and enjoy my dinner with my family!"  Surprisinly that shut her up and she let it go with me.  Although she did ask to see the manager about it and he told her that he would ask me to stop because i was right, it was illegal to do so. 

I tried to enjoy my dinner after that, but I was fuming!  People can be such jerks!  I just had to get that out, I was livid!!!

But, the manager did come over after and tell me i was always welcome to nurse there!  I really appreciated that!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Is it Mass Or CT or RI that criminalized interfering with a breastfeeding Mother?

Cause if it's Mass, I do beleive I would  have called the cops on them.

ZoasMama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Old women can be such HAGS! Thank goodness you stood up for yourself but too bad they ruined your dinner.

momof2little1s
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

As far as I know in mass it is just illegal for a bussiness to discriminate against a nursing mom.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Is it Mass Or CT or RI that criminalized interfering with a breastfeeding Mother?

Cause if it's Mass, I do beleive I would  have called the cops on them.

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

tankgirl84
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Oh lord your a better woman than me! I would have lost it! But i pregnant right now so it's not taking much right now LOL! If i was the manager i would have discounted your food for all that bs and asked those ladies to leave! That is uncalled for! Ug... i hate people...

Mommyto2LilMen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM

you should have just told the ladies to go and eat somewhere else!!!

~* Tina Proud Mommy of 2 Lil Men*~

Kanin 5-26-06 Korbyn 4-14-08

celticreverie
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Wow, the nerve. It's damned if you do damned if you don't sitaution... you cover, you get bitched at. You don't cover, you get bitched at.

I am sorry the old hag treated you like that.

tam84
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM

youre a better woman than me bc I would have torn her a new one

tdoubleday04

I wish I could do something other than pretend I don't hear the people say these things.  I wish I could tell them to screw off!  Way to go.  :)

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM

omg, when i was nursing my now 2 year old in public i honestly never had anyone say anything. i would have knocked them out. and if anyone says anything about when i nurse this one, the same thing goes! lol

CafeMom Tickers

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

mama2conor

First, it was not the business of those old hags when you went out to dinner.  If you decided to take your kids out at 10pm, its your business.

Secondly, its also none of their business about how you choose to feed your daughter. 

Sorry your dinner got ruined.  They are old jealous hags who are probably miserable cause they don't know how to enjoy life anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)