Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you spank in public?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 153 Replies

Today  i was at the bank with my 3 year old.We were waiting in line and was throwing a fit because o wouldn't pick her up.I had my hands full with papers and my purse plus she is sooo heavy.Anyways i told her Mommy's hand are full why don't you go sit the chair.She started screaming and crying making a huge scene in the bank.Everyone was staring at me and her.AI grabbed her by the arm and told her if you don't stop im taking you outside and were not going to McDonald's for lunch.She threw herself on the floor kicking and screaming..i picked her up and smacked her butt.She never acts like this.I think it was because she woke up at 6am and was still sleepy.Anyways everyone in the bank gave me this cold like stare.I felt so embarrassed by it.but she was getting out of control.Mind you she stopped acting up after i smacked her but i was wondering do you ladies ever spank in public or if you see a other mom spank there children what do you think??I dont really care if you bash me because i spank.i 100% believe in spanking.

baby development
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morethanme_you
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM

i absolutely do. i correct bad behavior when and where it happens. by the time you drag that kid somewhere else where all the eyes won't see you, they've forgotten what they even did to warrant punishment in the first place. you'll never win with most people - they'll stare if your kid is screaming, they'll stare wondering what you're doing to do about it, and they'll stare when you spank. such is life.

gobimom
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I don't spank so no. 

stefvan
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I have.  You know, whatever you do, people will stare.  They stare if you spank, they stare if you don't.  You can't win.  

ProudMom9799
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM

would have handled it just like you did.

geesh u think people never saw a kid throw a tantrum before 

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM

YES!

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM

i threaten my dd first and then if she doesn't shape up i will smack her and i don't care what dirty looks people give because she is my daughter and i dare some stranger to tell me how to raise my child...I JUST DARE THEM!!!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM
I don't spank in private.

I think that as long as you discipline is consistent and not abusive, then it should be used all the time no matter where you are. I don't spank for some very personal reasons.

gobimom
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I'm curious ~ were they staring when she was having the tantrum or just when you spanked her? 

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Quoting gobimom:

I don't spank so no. 

This.
anetrnlov
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Indeed I have.

It's a lose lose situation....if you discipline them you get the evil eye, if you let them continue you get the evil eye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)