Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would you marry someone that been married 4 times?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 42 Replies

I know this women who had four times.  would you married someone who walked down the aisles four times?

by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laylasmommy2006
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Sure! Im on my second marriage. (I'm 21) Not proud of my first marriage. but i found my soul mate the 2nd time around. lol

mom2four1978
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Only after a very,very long engagement to see if the problem lied with them or their former spouses. My MIL has been married a few times, but none of the relationships broke up due to her.

~ LIZZY~

To find out what all the fuss is about click the heart:

kk_bella
1 mom liked this

It depends, really, on why their previous marriages ended.

My mom's husband has been married six times before, she is his seventh wife. If you take two seconds to talk to him, you will understand why he has been divorced six times before.

ANd if you knew my mom, you would understand why they will not be getting a divorce.

De_Chick
1 mom liked this

I think this is one of those impossible questions to answer honestly. Right now I can say and mean that I wouldn't but if I was single and fell in love with someone who had been married four times who knows for sure what I would do?

If you agree come join http://www.cafemom.com/group/108556

mama2conor
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hell no.  Unless he was filithy stinky rich and said I could have half his money if I married him. :p

Totally kidding tho.  I would have to wonder why that person was married that many times.  Tho in all honesty, I knew this woman who was married 4 times and she's been married to her 4th husband since the early 1990's, so maybe she found her soulmate.

ERNAProud
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:18 PM

It would depend on the circumstances...my DH was married twice before.

His 1st exwife went psychotic on him, his second took all of his money and left him..some things are not their fault.

BUT, I have an ex FIL that was on his 4th marriage when I met him...his wife that he was married to at that time was tired of his criticism and she told him..."No, I am on my second marriage because my husband cheated on me and you are about to be on your 5th...YOU are the one that can't keep a wife, it is time for you to reevaluate who you are."

They are divorced now, lol.

mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM

intitiall i thought .....no

then i thuoght well how old is this person to be married that many times ( if its in a 50 yr span thats not to bad..maybe lol) ?

then i thought...PRENUP :)

vgmomof2grtkds
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Wow, that sounds like my mom.

She is wife #5 to this man.  All of his wives have left him because they figure out that he is nothing but a gold-digger.  My mom is finally opening her eyes about how he is.

Quoting kk_bella:

It depends, really, on why their previous marriages ended.

My mom's husband has been married six times before, she is his seventh wife. If you take two seconds to talk to him, you will understand why he has been divorced six times before.

ANd if you knew my mom, you would understand why they will not be getting a divorce.

lyranightshade
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM

If I was in love, I wouldn't base that person on how many mistakes they'd made in their life. My husband had never previously been married, but I had twice before him. We're blissfully happy and best friends. Just because I made mistakes in my past doesn't mean that I'll allow them to happen again.

ready_for2
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM

um....NO!!! if they failed the firt 4 times, what makes this lady think he will change for HER? hmm maybe she thinks she is 'the special one' LMAO!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN