Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats the best/cheapest place to live in COLORADO??

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM
  • 48 Replies

Im moving there in june or so and ive been looking at really nice places.  Unfortunately, i read reviews on them and people say its "a great place to live if youre a drug dealer".  I live in California and i have never had to deal with drug dealers or my car being broken into.  I want a place that is safe for my 11 month twins, 1100 is my LIMIT on rent.  Does anyone know where a great place is in colorado?  Thanks everyone!

www.Myspace.com/Holygoodness

by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tscritch
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Are you looking for big city or smaller? Does it have to be around Denver? Colorado is a pretty diverse state....there's Denver and the surrounding areas, which are pretty typical like most major cities, good and bad areas. There is farther south, Colorado Springs, not as big. Out East is more flat and windy, don't know too much about it. There are the mountains, beautiful, but more expensive, lots of snow. Then there is Western Colorado. It is more of a high desert. It has a different feel out there. Smaller towns and cities. Not as cold in the winter, but hotter in the summer. Hope this helps a little.

dennysgirl07
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM

It doesnt have to be close to the city.  Ive never lived in the city so im not sure how i would handle it.  I need a 2 bedroom house/apartment at least. And it CANT STAND the heat, so somewhere where its more cold than hot would be great haha.  Thanks!!

Quoting tscritch:

Are you looking for big city or smaller? Does it have to be around Denver? Colorado is a pretty diverse state....there's Denver and the surrounding areas, which are pretty typical like most major cities, good and bad areas. There is farther south, Colorado Springs, not as big. Out East is more flat and windy, don't know too much about it. There are the mountains, beautiful, but more expensive, lots of snow. Then there is Western Colorado. It is more of a high desert. It has a different feel out there. Smaller towns and cities. Not as cold in the winter, but hotter in the summer. Hope this helps a little.

little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I live in Fountain it is about 5 minutes south of Colorado Springs. I like it here my sons school is good you get the small town feel and you are real close to the city.

smalltownmom3
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I live on the eastern plains, we are about 30 miles from the state line with Kansas.  It is pretty cheap.  You could buy a damn nice house for that amount of money a month.  The only thing is finding a decent job.  The town that I live in has about 800 people.  I have lived in Denver before and I hated it.  It is a good clean town.  If you want to know more let me know. 

adamjackie

I lived in Colorado Springs and I loved it there. 1100 a month will rent you something nice in that area. Fountain is close to the Springs and is smaller and real nice too. For 1100 a month in Fountain you could rent a nice house.

Quoting dennysgirl07:

It doesnt have to be close to the city.  Ive never lived in the city so im not sure how i would handle it.  I need a 2 bedroom house/apartment at least. And it CANT STAND the heat, so somewhere where its more cold than hot would be great haha.  Thanks!!

Quoting tscritch:

adamjackie

We moved from Fountain in May. I miss it so much!

Quoting little.miss.mom:

I live in Fountain it is about 5 minutes south of Colorado Springs. I like it here my sons school is good you get the small town feel and you are real close to the city.

dennysgirl07
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Wow ive never heard of fountain!!! Thank you ladies!!!  It has good schools and low crime???  I want a place that has a great community :)

Maybe i can meet up with some of you colorado mamas!!!

vegepunkstr
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I live in Littleton (by columbine H.S. actually) and this is a wonderful place to live despite what happened at the H.S. We were renting a 2 bedroom apt for $800 before we bought our house. Its on the outskirts of the city so you are close to anything you need but a 5 minute drive will get you into the mountains. I grew up in Los Angeles but I love it here so much better!

adamjackie
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I am in Kentucky now. :( We are trying to get back there though. We love it. If you do decide to live in the Fountain area and want any info just pm me. I lived there and the Springs for 8 years. I had the best pedi for the kids too. Really miss her. Hoping in the next 2 years to get back there. So why are you moving to Colorado?

Quoting dennysgirl07:

Wow ive never heard of fountain!!! Thank you ladies!!!  It has good schools and low crime???  I want a place that has a great community :)

Maybe i can meet up with some of you colorado mamas!!!

starryeyes84
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I live in Pagosa Springs and it is really nice, not to hot or cold i'd say. You can check it out on pagosa.com. There is not much in the way of jobs right now, but it is beautiful and I am sure you could find something to suit you for 1100$. Hope you find what you are looking for regardless. Gook luck.

Tracie Adams

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)