Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats up with the boobies?????

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 9 1/2 months old and 95% of his diet is breast milk.  Lately he has been really clingy to me.  He will be playing fine on the floor and like every 10 minutes he gets fussy and wont stop until I pick him up.

About every 1 1/2-2 hours when he does this, the only way to calm him is to nurse him.  He will eat, then get down to play and be fine and it starts all over.

Now, if I am not in the room, hes fine until one of two things happens.  Either he sees me and rushes over to me fussing the whole time OR if he is hungry he will fuss until I nurse him.  Which again, has been more often than usual. 

He doesn't like many solids, I can get him to eat about 1/2 jar of stage 2s before he shoves it away.  he loves the fruit puffs and last night he ate 1 1/2 crackers lol.

So what is up with the behavior?  Do you think he is not satisfied for long because of the lack of solids?  Does he nutritionally NEED solids right now?  What should I do?

(FYI he is definitely not lacking, the breastmilk has done him good.  He is in the 97th% for height and 99th for weight.  He is 9 1/2 months old and in size 18 months and between a 5 and 6 shoe.)

by on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM
sounds like a growth spurt to me. Babies don't NEED solids for nutrition until after they are a year old. They wouldn't give my son therapy until he reach a year because they said technically, he did not need to eat solids. If he ate some solids, it might hold him a little longer but I doubt you'd notice much a difference. GL.

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Btw, beautiful kids:)

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I think so too =)  Thank you!!

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Btw, beautiful kids:)

CasandraFinlay
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Growth spurt or ear problem (teething???). Swallowing relieves ear discomfort.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)