Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

clam chowder when pregnant???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: can I eat clam chowder?

Options:

yes

no

in portions

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

I love the stuff but I don't know if I can eat it or not. I have just avoided it so far but got a HUGE craving for it when i saw it in my cabinet =) ... I'm about 6 months and can I eat it and is there a limit to how much you can eat?

by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyToEthan
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM

of couse you can eat it. 

if your worried about mercury, talk to your doctor. 

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

crystl_ring
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM

if its in portions please tell me what they are if you know... thank you guys!

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 5:09 PM

It's probably fine. I wouldn't eat it everyday but I don't like clam chowder anyways.

crystl_ring
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM

=) thanks

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 5:17 PM

http://www.babycenter.com/0_eating-fish-during-pregnancy-how-to-avoid-mercury-and-still_10319861.bc?page=2  It doesn't say anything about if clams are good or bad. Just what fish you should or shouldn't eat.

TripleTransform
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM

When I was pegnant I was told not to eat fish b/c of the iron or something like that. and it was hard for me b/c not only could I not eat it when I was pregnant  but also when I was breast feeding. Let me tell you that was some of the hardest months for me b/c I love Joes Crab Shack and Red Lobster and places like that lol. I am not sure the reasoning behind not eating fish but check with your doctor to best the best answer. B/c anything to keep my baby healthy is what I do. i am sure you will too

Take care and God bless

dancingwww.TripleTransform.com

TripleTransform
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I meant mercury or still. lol its been a long day. I hope yours is going great

dancingwww.TripleTransform.com

rubyjro13
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:28 PM

EAT EAT EAT OMG Im from Mass and clam chowda as I call it is always welcome in my house. So crazy cause I got off the phone wit hubbyand told him I was craving it haha so funny!!

Willowjade
by on Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Yes you can have clam chowder.  You just can't eat raw clams.  I went to a clam bake during the summer while I was pregnant.  I was due first week of october and went to the bake the first week of august.  And they were sooooooooooooo delicious. mmmmmmm

tabi_cat1023
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I eat it about 3 times a weeks myself.  I am 25 weeks Friday and the doctor says its just fine.  I eat the canned Snows brand clam chowder.  I was worried becuase I love it so much now but I asked and doctor said it was fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN