Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

effaced 50% 1 Cm dilated.. how much longer??!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 1:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi! I am having my second baby, well he his due May 7th and I started my weekly doctors appointments today and she told me I was 1 cm dialated, 50 % effaced.. This didn't happen w/ my first so my hubby is freaking out! He thinks he is coming tomorrow.. Anyway just wondering if any ladies out there had the same thing told to them and how much longer until they delivered. I know every one is different but I wanted to ask anyway..
Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!
Meredith
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lorann24
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 1:59 PM
I know everyone is different but i remember the doc telling me the same thing. I went almost two weeks after that before I actually felt the contractions and was in ''real'' labor. I think you can rest awhile
Lori
pen
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:03 PM
everything is fine with my second i was dialted 3cm for about amonth. just be aware that labor might be near.
toria75
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:10 PM
I think thats pretty normal. It could be tomorrow or you could go until your due date. I was 1 cm dialated when I was 6 months pregnant! He was my second and I was 3 cm and 75% for the last month. I was on bedrest at 6 months. Everyones different.
ilovemykid.s.
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:15 PM
I was stuck at 1 cm for a week then i was stuck at 3 cm for a week and that was with my daughter...well i guess she is the only one i gave birth to...lol
MomtoMany_of8
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:23 PM
I hate to tell you this, but it could be AWHILE!!

My first, I was 80% effaced and 3cm for almost 6 weeks! I was 4cm and 90% effaced the day they induced me.

My second, I was at a 2 and 50% effaced for the 2 weeks prior to induction.

My third, spontaneous labot, I was at a 1 and 60% effaced for 3 days. Went in, and I was 3cm and 90% effaced.

My fourth, again, spontaneous. I was at a 1cm and 40% effaced for about 5 weeks. Was at a 4 when I went in.

My fifth, well, I was at a 1 and stayed at a 1. She was a preemie and sideways.

Like I said, it could be awhile. It really is VERY different for each pregnancy!
Starchsr16
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:23 PM
I had my daughter on March 19, 2007, it was a scheduled c section at gbmc.  Anyways, I was 2 cm dilated, 80 % effaced and -1 station and in active labor for the 4 weeks preceeding the c section.  I was miserable, but nothing happened, i never went into full labor.  All they really do is monitor you closely.  Chances are you will make it atleast another week or so before you have your baby. Good luck with everything and dont get too worried....

Heather
mer-mer
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Thanks everyone for all your stories and advice!!! I'm not too worried, my hubby on the other hand... he's going crazy.. I think it's just a man thing!!! :) Hopefully he'll wait a little while b/c there is sooo much left to do!! Thanks again ladies!!!! u all rock!
lovemenot
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:40 PM
this happen to me and she was 4 weeks early, but came home 2 days later good luck maybe 2 weeks your baby will be here lots of walking are lots of sex helps lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN