Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is my baby too tall for his age?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ok, as you can see in my ticker, he's not even 2, but I find him too tall!  I'm 4'9'' tall, and when he stands next to me, the top of his head is as tall as my waist!  People often think he's almost 4 cuz of his height...  Is he too tall or am I just too short?  My husband is 6'0'' tall...  I was just asking myself this because I had to take him upstairs and it is so difficult for me to carry him cuz he's too big...  I dont have a baby anymore   

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMomma
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Naw...  My youngest, just over 2, is the size of at least half of her 5 y/o sisters kindergarten classmates.  But then, the 5 y/o looks 7 or so.  And the 8 y/o looks 11!  LOL!  The only one that looks her age is the 18 y/o.  She is doing to not be much taller than she is now, at 5'6". 
puppybaby
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:01 AM
SOunds like hes taking after his dad and is on his way to being 6" or more himself.
I'm guessing if hes to your waist hes approx 24 inches? Sounds like my friends son. He was 22 inches at 2 years. He was a tall little boy. I thought he was 4 when i first met her until I notices he was in training diapers and don't know of many 4yrs in them lol.

Tall dads bring tall little boys!

Are you a gamer? Join our group!

First Smile: 8/7/07 - First 90* head held high push up: 8/15/07 - Started Swimming(crawl): 8/29/07 - First Raspberry sound: 9/17/07 - First time I picked up my Eyeore: 9/22/07

mommyheartsKS
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:02 AM
hahah don't feel bad.  I took my son to a birthday party just before he turned 3 and he was a good inch taller than the birthday boy (who was celebrating his 6th birthday)

samikesmom
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:02 AM
Been there, done that, take a look at the size of my 18 year old son on my pics....I love it and wouldn't have it any other way! I am 5ft he is 6.2! He is still a mammas boy too!
judybant
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:05 AM
Sorry, Mom... you've birthed a giant... and while yes, he's probably "tall"for his age... his Daddy is tall. The average height of men in this country is 5'9". Don't worry about it, unless you look at a growth curve for your little boy, and there are dips and spikes in his growth pattern. If it's a nice, steady curve upward... there is not a thing to worry about.

My husband and I are both exceedingly average height... He's 5'9" exactly, and I'm 5'5" exactly. Our son, who is 4, is taller than a lot of the first graders in school. These are kids that are 2 years older than he is!

tracylynnr67
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:06 AM
I don't think he's too tall...he's just growing the way he's meant to grow. And really...there's not much one can do about tall. His dad is tall so it's to be expected. My 17yo was 24 in. at birth (and almost 11#) and he's now almost 6ft. tall. He evened out at some point and I am sure your son will too.
Adriannaa
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:08 AM
No no no.  Don't worry.  Your son is not too tall AT ALL.  If he was your doctor would tell you.  When he goes to his pediatrician check ups they always check his height and if there were something abornormal or wrong with it they would have let you know. 
ladyvamp5489
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM

I dont think he is too tall! My 4 yr old is 48 inches tall, just as tall as my 6 yr old and they wear the same clothes!  But  he was also a huge baby at birth(12lbs&7oz   AND 2 weeks early!)  Your son is growing just fine  just destined to be tall! lol

Carol

munchkinsmom07
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:11 AM
my son is 4 months and is 27 inches! we in 12 month clothes he is soooo tall. and when he was born he was 19 inches. talk about growing, and they say babys grow when they sleep well idk know about that bc he doesnt sleep bc he is so curious. the only time he sleeps is at night bc he knows he wont miss anything. he isnt too tall for his age im short too, im 5'2 and the sd is 6'6 so my babys goin to be anywhere fm 6'8-7'.
CoastieWifePR
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:11 AM

That picture was from July...  He's with my niece, which is as tall as I am, maybe an inch or 2 less...  I dont have any recent pictures of me with him...

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)