Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can an ear infection cause pain in my sinuses, eye and jaw on the same side?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Because my right ear hurts to touch and its effecting the whole right side of my face. I can smell something up in my sinuses (weird). Anyways... is this an ear infection? What could it be?

by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
southernjess3
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM

its an infection of some kind

CafeMom Tickers

charady
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Sounds like one heck of a sinus infection!  Call your doc.

Trisha-Faye
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM

sounds more like a sinus infection that is causing ear, eye and jaw pain.

Luna091306
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 4:07 PM

It sounds like a sinus infection. But you may have an ear infection as well.

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

~ The Dems and the Reps remind me of my kids ~
One is always pointing out the bad things that the other is doing in hopes that I don't notice all the bullshit he is trying to get away with...I'm not fooled by my own kids and I'm not fooled by Politicians.

jenniepepsi
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM

yes definately, because your ears, nose and throat and eyes are ALL connected to your sinus. if ONE Of them is infected, they can all suffer. it sucks :( i would see your doc and get some antibiotics. good luck hon hope you feel better.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2010 at 4:15 PM

This was my first thought.

Quoting charady:

Sounds like one heck of a sinus infection!  Call your doc.

masastan
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 4:28 PM

YES IT CAN! Ear infections are NOT something to mess around with! My ear had been bothering me for a year or so off and on, no pain I couldn't handle. Then on July2nd of 2009, I went to work in a MASSIVE amt of pain! I work in childcare. I called the front desk and said to get another teacher in there because I was about to pass out. Keep in mind that I am not one of those people who calls out of work because I feel bad. I work unless I am vomiting or am running a fever or am on my death bed. Another teacher came into my class, I clocked out and laid down in the conference room while waiting on my dh to pick me up. I don't remember getting home, but I do remember laying down to sleep at home. The next thing I remember is waking up inside an MRI machine. Highly unpleasant! Apparently I had passed out. My eyes were open but I was unresponsive. I was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and it was determined that I had bacterial menigitus and a SEVERE left ear infection. I was then air lifted to Emory in Atlanta. I was unconscience for almost three days! I almost lost my life! The CDC investigated my case! That's big! It was determined that the ear infection had been festering for more than a year, and though it may have been a factor in my menigitus, it was not the main cause. That came from sewage problems in our house that our landlord refused to repair. For YOUR health and for your kids, insurance or none (I didn't have any), GO SEE A DR! At least go to a CVS minute clinic if you have one nearby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)