Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you marry your first love?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you marry your first love

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

I didnt marry my first love. When I was 19 I saw my first love for the last time in Texas. He was moving out of state and I knew I was never going to see him again. I married dh a month later. I married a guy who I was dating with 3 weeks. and now almost 10 years later Im still glad I did it. But I was curious to see who does.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daemons_mommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Yes I did. But then we got divorced lol. I would have been so better off if I had never married him.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
angelvs.world
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Yes my husband was the first of everything for me... but we broke up all the time and seen other people. The last time we got back together before we got married I was in a serious realtionship and almost married him but I just couldnt settle though... so here we are married 9 years and have never regrtted it ever.... even though there were ALOT of obstacles we had go through to get here.

Victoria.Ponce
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Yepp. i did and were expecting our 2nd boy in may.

De_Chick

I did and we ended up divorced nine years later. I don't regret it though he is still a good guy and we stayed friendly.

alithemklady

Same here!   We married right out of high school and divorced two years later!   Bad idea!  But he did give me a couple of wonderful kids.    That's the only thing good that ever came from him! 

Quoting Daemons_mommy:

Yes I did. But then we got divorced lol. I would have been so better off if I had never married him.  

sidneyb

nope i married his cousin lol

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Yes :)  I know it doesn't happen often but my husband and I dated through highschool, were each other's first everything and got married.  We have been together 7 years now, married for 5.  I am so happy I found him right off the bat.  My sister is still looking for someone to love and share her life with, and I want her so much to be happy.  Its hard to see her feel down about it :(  But, to answer your question, yes I did. 

soupermom95
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I married my first love and high school sweet heart!  We met the summer before my freshman year.  We got married when I was 19 and he was 21.  We have been married for 13 years and have 7 year old twin boys.  We have been together over half of my life!!!!!

BronxBommaMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Yes!! I had stupid HS crushes, but I knew that DH was the one for me the first night we hung out alone. We talked for the whole night, and I fell hard...lol. It's been 7 1/2 years since we got together and almost 4 years married. I love him with all my heart and couldn't imagine life without him.

GracieLullaby27
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Daemons_mommy:

You and me both girl!!!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)