Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need someone to talk to....my daughter has lost 5 lbs now in a month..she is 3

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM
  • 12 Replies

Not knowing and waiting for the test results is the worst.  So many thoughts are going through my mind as to what could be wrong.   she has been drinking a lot and peeing a lot.  when she went to the doctors on Friday she had lost 3 lbs in a month.  then I weighed her today and she lost 2 more lbs.  She has been eating a lot so her losing weight is really worrying me.  I am so beside myself right now.   She has also saying that her stomach hurts and that her head hurts.  My mind is just racing right now.  I am getting the results tomorrow from her tests. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nessy1980
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM

My 3 year old eats all the time too. Im unsure about the peeing a lot maybe UTI. 

Jenniy
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM

My son has been losing weight too, he's 2 years old and weighs 19 lbs, so at the Dr tomorrow I'm asking for a script for Pediasure to see if it will add some weight to him.  If he doesn't start gaining weight his OT is recommending a feeding tube.  Good Luck with your DD!!!!!

baby growth

baby

baby

amberbrianne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Im so sorry hun, I will be praying for your little girl. Keep us updated when you get the results .

hugs

Proud mommy to one amazing little boy!

AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM

:( I hope the doctors figure it out tomorrow. I have no clue what it could be. Hope it's nothing serious.

richgirljj
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Have they tested her bloodsugars?

I hope that she is ok!

Search & Win

kk_bella
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Hmm....is her stomach sticking out? Could she have tapeworms? Is she eating enough? I'm wondering if her head is hurting just from being hungry or something. There are a few different things going through my head honestly, but I think you should wait for the doctor, they will be able to answer all of your questions or steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

alexa_112
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM

you now what my nephew was like that just a few weeks ago... i dont want to worry you but they took him to the doctor and they tested him for diabetes because they are symptoms loosing weight when they eat a lot and drink a lot of liquids, anyways it came back negative but turns out he has the H1N1 =/ its sad... but theyre already treating him and im guessing its not bad because no one is panicking yet i guess they caught it early... but good luck it'll be okay dont worry too much.... 

SusanD
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM

My son had a lot of those and other symptoms when he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. There are also many other illnesses that can cause these symptoms. Just try to stay calm until she can be seen.  Give her plenty of water.

tarams98020
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM

the e.r. tested her blood sugar levels and they were 110.  they said it was a little high.   then her pedi retested her on Friday after fasting for 12 hrs overnight.  i hope to find out the results tomorrow

tarams98020
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM

she is eating a lot.  which stricks me as not normal that she is losing weight

Quoting kk_bella:

Hmm....is her stomach sticking out? Could she have tapeworms? Is she eating enough? I'm wondering if her head is hurting just from being hungry or something. There are a few different things going through my head honestly, but I think you should wait for the doctor, they will be able to answer all of your questions or steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)